News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dakota Digital speedometer

Started by comet_666, July 11, 2016, 06:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comet_666

I don't have this in front of me right now but what does the sensor plug into for the speedo?

fizz

A speed generator that goes where your speedo cable was. Came with kit

comet_666

That is what I thought. Does it just screw into the 727 where the speedo cable went? Is there an adapter needed?
Mind you this is not in front of me currently.

Thanks for the info!!

fizz

I believe the one that came with the kit actually went on the speedometer cable, which seems hokey. There is one available for where the speedometer cable goes into the trans. I went with an aftermarket l460e overdrive trans and wired directly to the speed generator wiring. You will like this setup! accurate gauges are awesome. Calibrate the fuel guage with the tank out per the directions! Trying to do it by putting in 1/3 tank, 2/3 tank, and full  of fuel didn't work for me, nor did the fuel sender presets in the directions.

John_Kunkel

The speed sensor on both of my DD kits had male threads for installation at the dash end of the speedo cable.

The only time you need to calibrate the fuel gauge is if you have an orphan sender, all popular sender resistances are programmed in, just scroll through the available ranges during setup.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

comet_666

Quote from: John_Kunkel on July 12, 2016, 12:51:28 PM

The speed sensor on both of my DD kits had male threads for installation at the dash end of the speedo cable.

The only time you need to calibrate the fuel gauge is if you have an orphan sender, all popular sender resistances are programmed in, just scroll through the available ranges during setup.
John, so you could not screw the sensor direct into the housing?

John_Kunkel

My sensors had only male threads so how could they so how could you screw the sensor onto the male threads of the transmission?

Some of the kits come with a sensor that can be mounted on either the 5/8" female threads of the speedo cable top end or the 7/8" male threads of the trans. Depends on what sensor comes with your kit.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

comet_666

How strange. Mine was threaded correctly luckily.

comet_666

Kern Dog

My kit that was bought and installed last year had a "pulse generator" that screwed onto the male threads on the speedometer housing on the trans. I could have had almost any speedo pinion in there, the pulse generator compensate for it.
At the guage end, it was just a cat-5 cable terminal.