News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Paxton supercharger kit is NOT universal

Started by chargd72, July 14, 2016, 08:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargd72

Just throwing this out there incase someone was considering the Paxton small block Mopar universal supercharger kit.  It does not fit all 318-360 small blocks.  I'm currently mounting a Novi 2000 to a 360 block.  Paxton doesn't make a bracket to mate these together so I'm doing a custom mount anyway.  But one thing I could use was the crank supercharger pulley and spacer so I ordered these from Paxton (Vortech).  The only spacer they had measured 2.45" thickness.  As you can see from the picture, my stock '72 318 2v pulley is 3" deep so I had to get a custom spacer made by a different shop.  Paxton said they only mocked their kit up to a '69 318 with a 2v pulley.  I guess the earlier pulley system was a bit smaller.  Just trying to save someone some headache if they were considering this option.  If the spacer is too small, the crank pulley doesn't line up.  If the crank pulley doesn't line up, the head unit drive pulley doesn't line up.  If the drive pulley doesn't line up, the head bracket doesn't line up....   and so on. 

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

Wicked72

I want to put one on my BB. I was thinking of just buying the parts as i find them then fab up everything. Looks like your ending up doing that to a degree..
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

sccachallenger

Thanks for posting this, hopefully will save the next person some grief, or may cost paxton a sale!
When I first started hot rodding Mopars I decided that "universal" often meant that it fit nothing in the known universe ;D