News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 4-door Charger

Started by mightywing7, July 18, 2016, 07:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tan top

Quote from: mightywing7 on July 18, 2016, 07:18:01 AM
Ok....having problems posting the pics from my phone.   :brickwall:

Will post when I can get to my laptop, or can send from my phone to someone who can post for me.... Anyone available for me to email these pics?

Sorry gang.

MW7 , sent me these to post here  :2thumbs:

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

mightywing7

Thanks again, tan top!!  :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger R/T - 440 Magnum, 727
1968 Dodge Charger - 318, 904
1985 Chrysler LeBaron Turbo Convertible, Mark Cross - 2.2L Turbo
1987 Buick Grand National - 3.8L SFI Turbo
2006 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Coupe, Supercharged 3.2L
2006 Chrysler 300C SRT-8, 6.1L HEMI

Alaskan_TA

3rd photo down in that series shows another oddity, two standard outside mirrors. (no remote)

Thanks!

ECS

Quote from: BananaDan on July 18, 2016, 04:41:35 PM
Are you insinuating that this is a 4-door concept Charger that made its way out into the public and into the hands of a private owner who then affixed AutoMex stickers to the windows?

Nope!  I don't "insinuate" anything.  If I don't know something, I don't use my limited knowledge to try and hypothesize a scenario that makes sense to me.  I've had people tell me their stories and I've simply presented what they told me.  If I happen to believe what they said, that in no way validates the reality of the scenario.  I simply believe it and others are free to feel the contrary.  

If someone says that Chrysler "never" built certain Concepts due to the expense, then I question the linear logic as to why they built vehicles that look like Spaceships and never made it to production.  How were they able to afford building those?  Not only that, there is no aspect of those Concepts that share any build features with the Cars that made it into production.  So what was their purpose for building those oddities?
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

ws23rt

It looks like a nice clean coronet that had a nose job. :shruggy:

Or?--no wait---It's a 70 charger that had an ass tuck job -butt- the doctor mixed up the pictures used in the plan for the target result. :D

ws23rt

Quote from: Dino on July 18, 2016, 05:06:27 PM
That is one seriously ugly car!  :eek2:

Agree---Fixing the lines of a charger are like correcting the smile on the Mona Lisa. ::)

Waiter---I would like pennut butter and catsup on my well done prime rib please. :shruggy:

lukedukem

I'd put rims and exhaust on it and drive it
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

A383Wing

so where are the 4-door pictures of the 66 & 67 Chargers that Chrysler built?

moparnation74

Quote from: ws23rt on July 18, 2016, 06:16:55 PM
It looks like a nice clean coronet that had a nose job. :shruggy:

Or?--no wait---It's a 70 charger that had an ass tuck job -butt- the doctor mixed up the pictures used in the plan for the target result. :D
:2thumbs:
Messing with the lines/body on a charger is like a bad dream...but many have had crazier dreams for sure...the majority had the common sense to leave it in dreamland....

bill440rt

I saw the car every day as well while attending Carlisle. I looked over it pretty closely also.

From my up close observation, someone did a neato job grafting a '70 Charger nose, Coronet lower fenders, and Charger door skins on a '70 Coronet 4-door. As stated gaps were all over the place, evidence of mig welding on close inspection, etc. The white paint appeared to be white primer, or a very dull (flat) white paint. Nothing more.
Definitely not a factory job.
Still a peachy "what if" car. Mexican stickers? Who knows. Maybe they were real.

Carry on.  :popcrn:

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

taxspeaker

I can say with 100% authority and confidence as a complete acknowledged & confirmed moron that Chrysler clearly made a 4 door Charger. Began in 2006 and looked as much like s*** as this one.

lukedukem

Did anyone happen to talk to the owner. Would've been neat to hear how he came across it.

Luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

DAY CLONA

IMO, what we saw in Carlisle may very well have been an Automex built 1970 4-door Coronet that somebody then grafted 1970 US-built Dodge Charger door skins and front clip to. Welding seams were visible in the wheel well on the fenders and the panel gaps were all over the place. Based on the Googling I did, the 4-door 1970 AutoMex Coronet is the most likely source of the vehicle as there was no Charger in 1970 and in 1971 it was introduced in the style of the Gen 3 Chargers.

There's the possibility the car is what it appears, there were many independent individuals/agencies in Mexico that converted US based vehicles creating some rather unique combinations, and usually licensed from the manufacturers to do so...have you ever seen a Mexican Shelby Mustang?...nothing like it's American brethren    

RCCDrew

I'm with Mr. Binsdurti.  :eek2:   :puke:

moparnation74

Quote from: lukedukem on July 18, 2016, 08:23:14 PM
Did anyone happen to talk to the owner. Would've been neat to hear how he came across it.

Luke
I cannot recall the guys handle but he posted in a previously deleted thread I think over on For B Bodies Only....

He made a few posts about displaying a legit 4 door 70 charger at Carlisle....

RGA

It's a coronet with a charger front clip. No big deal. Waste of a good front clip.

hemi-hampton

Quote from: bill440rt on July 18, 2016, 07:53:39 PM
I saw the car every day as well while attending Carlisle. I looked over it pretty closely also.

From my up close observation, someone did a neato job grafting a '70 Charger nose, Coronet lower fenders, and Charger door skins on a '70 Coronet 4-door. As stated gaps were all over the place, evidence of mig welding on close inspection, etc. The white paint appeared to be white primer, or a very dull (flat) white paint. Nothing more.
Definitely not a factory job.
Still a peachy "what if" car. Mexican stickers? Who knows. Maybe they were real.

Carry on.  :popcrn:

I'll have to agree with Bills professional opinion.  :shruggy:

Aero426

If that car from Carlisle was real,  don't you think it would have appeared somewhere, anywhere in the last 30 years of enthusiast publications?

The Charger body line running down the middle of the front fender and front door ends at the front of the rear door.     Frankly, it looks amateur and tacked together.      

polywideblock

looks to me like someone tacked a charger front end onto a 4door coronet and then added charger door skins to the front coronet doors to "make it flow " as they used to say   :scratchchin:

and hey what's wrong with "well done" prime rib eye ?  "well done" is the only way to have it isn't it   :yesnod: can't stand bleeding meat  :nana:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

VegasCharger

Thankfully this was done to represent a 1970 Charger 4 door style. I couldn't imagine seeing a 68 Charger 4 door using a 1968 Dodge Coronet 4 door.

As you may know or not know by my replies here on this site, I put the 1970 Charger at the bottom of the 3 model years. But don't get me wrong I would rather own a 1970 Charger over any E Body or any A Body Mopar. As it still represents the iconic muscle car body lines of the 2nd gen Chargers.

:cheers:

moparnation74

Quote from: RCCDrew on July 19, 2016, 07:28:01 AM
It's like being a politician. If you put your life out in the public for all to see, there are going to be detractors. I think building four door cars is a huge waste of time. That's just my opinion. Nothing anyone can say is going to change that opinion. But is seems from the red 4D Cuda thread that you have more supporters than haters. Focus on the supporters and you'll be much happier. BTW, I read the whole 4D Cuda thread. Even though I don't like the car, I love the effort, heart and build quality you have put into the car.
I don't like lowriders either but I appreciate the effort.
Good points.....There is not one person here that would disagree with the quality and workmanship of a build of that magnitude...

The story is what will be questioned and constantly scrutinized when there is no concrete factual proof other than mere words.....The owner just needs to listen to yours words above about focusing on the supporters and stop running around constantly rehashing the same thing over and over.....

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and that is OK, heck even ECS has taken pop shots at my car in the past and I blew them off with no rebuttal.  Why?  Because that doesn't bother me....It is all how one is secure with themselves.....

BananaDan

Quote from: moparnation74 on July 18, 2016, 08:57:07 PM
Quote from: lukedukem on July 18, 2016, 08:23:14 PM

Luke
I cannot recall the guys handle but he posted in a previously deleted thread I think over on For B Bodies Only....

He made a few posts about displaying a legit 4 door 70 charger at Carlisle....

The car was there when we arrived on Thursday and never moved through when we left on Sunday. It sat there locked up and I never saw an owner.   :shruggy:
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

LaOtto70Charger

I am confused. Did ECS build this Mexican factory 4 door Charger concept car? Does it have a matching VIN?

cbrestorations

Somewhere...somebody needs a good front clip for a real charger and it's being wasted on this 4 door coronet

lukedukem

All these pics and no pics of VIN.

Luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC