News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 4-door Charger

Started by mightywing7, July 18, 2016, 07:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BananaDan

Quote from: lukedukem on July 19, 2016, 09:13:18 AM
All these pics and no pics of VIN.

Luke

They had their show placard over the VIN plate, windows up and doors locked all weekend.
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

moparnation74

Quote from: BananaDan on July 19, 2016, 09:19:37 AM

Luke

They had their show placard over the VIN plate, windows up and doors locked all weekend.
Dan,

I heard that as well and the owner was nowhere to be found....One of my good friends was hanging with you a bit at Carlisle.  Sometimes a big world is small, PM me if you do not know whom that person is...

6spd68

Quote from: tcs69rt on July 18, 2016, 05:31:43 PM
"Coronet" is what they should have called the 4 door sedan they put out 10+ years ago.....instead of calling it "Charger".  :2thumbs:

And before anyone gets upset, think about it.....is there a 4 door Camaro or Mustang?  :cheers:

I have been preaching this from the top of Mt. Sinai since 2006.  Yet we keep calling those Chrysler 300's with Dodge body kits; "Chargers".
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

BananaDan

Quote from: moparnation74 on July 19, 2016, 09:23:56 AM

Luke

Dan,

I heard that as well and the owner was nowhere to be found....One of my good friends was hanging with you a bit at Carlisle.  Sometimes a big world is small, PM me if you do not know whom that person is...

PM'd

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

lukedukem

Luke

Man that sux, i cant believe that the owner wasn't around and no one got to talk to him. did he just pull off the ultimate catfish.  :smilielol:

stage a car like this at a show and leave, letting everyone take pics and wonder.  :scratchchin:

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

polywideblock

Luke

say wasn't that the same MO for the FAKE 6pac with air  and cruise charger  :scratchchin:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

BananaDan

Quote from: polywideblock on July 19, 2016, 12:46:02 PM

Luke

say wasn't that the same MO for the FAKE 6pac with air  and cruise charger  :scratchchin:

It was a few years ago but I'm pretty sure I recall that guy being around his car trying to convince people it was real.

Charger_Fan

Bummer, I opened this thread expecting to see something like this...  :D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

moparnation74

Quote from: Charger_Fan on July 19, 2016, 01:53:48 PM

Lol :2thumbs:

Brock Lee

What I wonder is:

*- If factory, they went through a lot of trouble to mod those front doors. Why not add the center body line on the Coronet parts, or remove it from the Charger?

*- If factory, they went through a lot of trouble to mod those front doors and add a flip top gas cap. Why not add the Charger tailpanel to complete the package?

I WANT to believe, but it is incomplete work. You would figure if they were going to go out and modify doors and add a flip top gas cap, those same fabricators would do the tailpanel mods, to either accept the deck lid of the Coronet, or a modified Charger?

Mike DC

Occam's Razar.  It's a backyard job.

I wish the factory HAD built those things - lots of little Charger front & rearend parts would be so much cheaper if they had been used on zillions of 4drs. 

6spd68

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on July 19, 2016, 02:25:14 PM

I wish the factory HAD built those things - lots of little Charger front & rearend parts would be so much cheaper if they had been used on zillions of 4drs. 

I hear you!  Hence why GM parts are so cheap (Cutlass, Chevelle, skylark, etc.)
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

69CoronetRT

So is it a Corger? A Charnet??
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

G-man

Quote from: tcs69rt on July 18, 2016, 05:31:43 PM
"Coronet" is what they should have called the 4 door sedan they put out 10+ years ago.....instead of calling it "Charger".  :2thumbs:

And before anyone gets upset, think about it.....is there a 4 door Camaro or Mustang?  :cheers:

There isn't a 4 door charger to my knowledge. Just a falsely badged something-rather.  :icon_smile_big:

Mytur Binsdirti

VegasCharger

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on July 19, 2016, 02:25:14 PM

Although I don't own one, this is a good benefit owning a Coronet, GTX and Roadrunner. More cars to pillage for parts.

Great thinking.  :cheers:

Tom Q

You guys are the worst bunch of crotchety mopar children ever - this is not directed at ECS but the rest of you.
While Ted is given a free pass to re-body a Daytona you all are wallowing in opinionated opinions about a 4 door Mexican Charger...

Lennard

Quote from: Tom Q on July 20, 2016, 07:46:14 AM
You guys are the worst bunch of crotchety mopar children ever - this is not directed at ECS but the rest of you.
While Ted is given a free pass to re-body a Daytona you all are wallowing in opinionated opinions about a 4 door Mexican Charger...
I apologize for giving my opinion that the rear half looks like a Coronet. :fu:

moparnation74

Quote from: Tom Q on July 20, 2016, 07:46:14 AM

Yikes...another beneficial Tom Q post :popcrn:

Define rebody of this 4 door charger?  Inquiring minds would like to know.......

BTW, have you kept abreast on the Stephens build?  You may want to check out the aero section before making wrong comments...

Just saying, lol

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: moparnation74 on July 20, 2016, 08:16:47 AM

BTW, have you kept abreast on the Stephens build?  

Personally, I prefer to keep abreast on a breast. Or two.

Mike DC

LOL, Cookie Monster wants some cupcakes.   :boogie:

------------------------------      

Mopar won't call the modern 4dr LX Charger a "Coronet" for the same reason why Ford builds a new Taurus but not a Fairlane or Galaxie.  Some classic names sound too dated for modern buyers.  

The Charger name was chosen a decade ago just because the name tested favorably with modern buyers, not because they were building any retro 68-70 car or 1999 concept car.  (And Daimler/Benz publicly said all this.  They said it months/years before the car debuted.)

The Challenger name probably withstood testing for 2008 too, if the outcry over the '06 Charger and the high-selling retro '05 Mustang wasn't enough convincing.

JB400

djcarguy

Quote from: Charger_Fan on July 19, 2016, 01:53:48 PM

[/quote      :popcrn: :popcrn: :2thumbs:

djcarguy

:icon_smile_question:  just found a 69 C-net wagon for$500 roller,no front sheet metal ? anyone have some useable 68 -69 Charger hood an fenders?   Maybee 70 charger sheet metal an tona nose ,and like foot tall wing?   :icon_smile_question :  :2thumbs: :popcrn: :2thumbs:

djcarguy

:icon_smile_question: :icon_smile_question: i 'd like to make a 2 door charger nose sedan delivery,, with this 69 c-net wagon.  :icon_smile_question:   a lot like the 2 door chager wagon Steveirino posted on the charger wagon thread.   :scratchchin: