News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

No power to coil (firecore)

Started by comet_666, July 19, 2016, 07:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comet_666

Hi guys. I am running :

Firecore RTR Dist
FireCore Performance CD R2R Mini Coil
Dakota Digital cluster
Tuff Stuff One-Wire Alternator 8509DSP

Problem as described to me: No power to coil, had to jump at relay. Not sure how he exactly hooked this up or how it is supposed to be hooked up.
Also said when you turn key it turns over and runs but when you go from start position to run position it dies.
Thoughts?

comet_666

Could it be he missed the step to hook the blue wire from the ballist to the coil + terminal the the other blue and the brown together?

b5blue

I tied start/run together at the dash and used that to feed the ignition by turning on a relay. The relay got power for ign. from alt output (black) wire as a supply.

303 Mopar

Quote from: comet_666 on July 19, 2016, 08:29:30 PM
Could it be he missed the step to hook the blue wire from the ballist to the coil + terminal the the other blue and the brown together?

Yes, tie these wires together and skip your ballast resistor.  Also, make sure your ground and positive wires to the coil are not crossed somewhere.  It's pretty straight forward.
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

comet_666