News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 radio in a 1970 rallye dash

Started by fizz, July 20, 2016, 12:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fizz

Ordered a 1969 thumbwheel radio to put in my 1970 rallye dash, because they don't make a 70. What I don't know is the difference between the 1970 and 69 radios and bezels. It sounds like I need to use a 70 bezel to get the woodgrain correct, as the woodgrain color between the 2 years is different, and the 69 dash has an extra switch hole from a 70. So, does a 69 radio fit to a 70 bezel, or what is the difference and can I modify a 70 bezel to work with a 69 radio.

70 sublime

70 radio had knobs not thumb wheels unless you had an 8 track radio in your 70
Then it had thumb wheel from the 69 model year
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

fizz

Brock Lee

The bezel you have will work then. It will just be missing a strips that runs along the top of the buttons and below the dial and that breaks up the roller controls from the lens area/.

The woodgrain issue is not the grain itself as they used the exact same printing template on both years (All OEM woodgrain on those B body bezels is identical patterns)..the problem is the tone of the color changed at some point in the 70 model year to a lighter color.