News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

74 Charger

Started by Bob, July 20, 2016, 03:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Before I destroy my Rallye gauges I need to know how to properly clean the guage faces and plastic lens.
The dash cluster is disassembled and I want to start the cleaning but don't want to wipe away the numbers and letters.

Thank you

Bob

E5 Charger

My plastic lens had some scratches on them so I used 1500 grit and 2000 grit sandpaper to wet sand them. I then followed with a plastic polish. The gauge faces looked okay, but as soon as I wiped them with a very soft cloth the black started to come off. I couldn't see it right away, but there was rust under the black. I media blasted them, painted them and applied decals from Premium Dash Decals. I'm happy with how they look.

Bob

Quote from: E5 Charger on July 20, 2016, 04:04:39 PM
My plastic lens had some scratches on them so I used 1500 grit and 2000 grit sandpaper to wet sand them. I then followed with a plastic polish. The gauge faces looked okay, but as soon as I wiped them with a very soft cloth the black started to come off. I couldn't see it right away, but there was rust under the black. I media blasted them, painted them and applied decals from Premium Dash Decals. I'm happy with how they look.
Thank you

E5 Charger

No problem. Maybe someone has had success cleaning them, and I guess it depends on the shape they are in. I just think because of their age any cleaner will ruin the finish. Search for Premium Dash Decals on youtube. They have how to videos.