News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wing braces arrived yesterday..thanks, Larry

Started by wetfeetmi, April 16, 2006, 07:32:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wetfeetmi

They look great! I would have toiled for hours researching and constructing these things. Time is money, and you saved me quite a little bit of time. $80 well spent. Thanks Larry, Rick

daytonalo

SAME HERE, FIRST CLASS JOB . THANK YOU VERY MUCH , LARRY

hotrod98

Glad I could help.
Sit tight...there's going to be more parts available soon.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Blown70

Got mine today.   Now to see if I will actually put a wing on it..... :icon_smile_cool:

BigBlockSam

Quote  Sit tight...there's going to be more parts available soon.

:boogie:

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Blown70

Quote from: hotrod98 on April 16, 2006, 08:29:25 PM
Glad I could help.
Sit tight...there's going to be more parts available soon.

oHHH what parts you thinking..... :devil:

70daytonaclone

thanks Larry can't wait or save up more fast enough.  :icon_smile_big:

Roth68rt

Got mine today, they look great.  Thanks Larry

Steve

TomP

Got mine, too!  Thanks...

So, what other parts are you working on?  Wing washers?  Nose braces and crash bars? 
'70 Charger R/T Clone - FE5/V1W 451/727/Dana/4 wheel disc brakes/AC (Under Restification)
'70 Challenger - FM3/V1W 440/727/8.75/4 wheel disc brakes (Under Restification)
'74 Duster - FM3/V1W 225/904/7.25 Disc/Drum
'93 RAM D250 - 5.9L/A518/9.25 (Old Sacto Cop Truck)
'94 BMW 740iL

Yes, I'm a Dodge Boy.  Verstehen?

hotrod98

Here's the plan at this point.
We're mocking up a nose assy on Howie's Charger. It's a real nice fiberglass piece that he's had for a while. We'll alter it as necessary for fitment and beef up any possible weak areas. Using his fiberglass z-braces, the fab shop here is going to make a steel version. We're not going to worry about trying to make it look identical to the factory pieces. That would be too expensive. We plan to offer the nose as a seperate piece or as an assembly, basically ready to bolt on. The only reason that we're doing this is because a few of us in my area need these parts and we don't see getting them through the normal channels any time soon. These will not be lightweight flimsy pieces. I won't waste my time or yours building an inferior part. The bare nose, with the attaching mounts for the z-braces will run $900 plus shipping. They will be made with premium resins and will be gel coated and trimmed, ready for light prep and paint. We don't have the price for the assembly since we haven't made the final decision on the type of components that we plan to use and don't have the final cost of the steel parts.
We will be making a run of 10 noses total. This is not a new company getting into the business permanently. The noses will be ready by the end of the summer along with some of the other pieces as well. If anyone is seriously interested in a quality nose, contact me. These will be sold on a first come, first serve basis. Three of them are already spoken for.  At this point there are no plans to make more than 10.
We're trying to find a company to make the fender scoops. They're a cast resin part, not fiberglass.

Also, for those interested in a steel nose, I talked to Gean Gregory yesterday and his steel noses will be showing up on ebay very soon. He expects them to sell for at least 10 grand. He will also have some of the other steel parts as well. He currently has the steel trunk reinforcment pieces ($200) and the steel headlamp buckets ($500). He's working to get the other pieces out as well.

Charles Addams

nascarxx29

Congrats to hot rod 98 also offering up more wingcar parts.And for Gene G bring back the ones in metal This place is from back in the day.That sold metal parts like to see these prices again wouldnt we.$10,000 for a GG nose.

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

hotrod98

I think everyone should have their wing braces by now. If you haven't received them, let me know so that I can track them.
We're working on the rest of the parts now. Stay tuned.

Charles Addams

TomP

How about starting a thread on the progress of your nose, with progress pictures.   I'm sure everyone would love to see how it's going and understand the trials and tribulations you're going through to make this happen.

'70 Charger R/T Clone - FE5/V1W 451/727/Dana/4 wheel disc brakes/AC (Under Restification)
'70 Challenger - FM3/V1W 440/727/8.75/4 wheel disc brakes (Under Restification)
'74 Duster - FM3/V1W 225/904/7.25 Disc/Drum
'93 RAM D250 - 5.9L/A518/9.25 (Old Sacto Cop Truck)
'94 BMW 740iL

Yes, I'm a Dodge Boy.  Verstehen?

hotrod98

Howie should have his 70 charger down here Sunday. So, we'll probably get started with the mockup in a few days. I'll take lots of pics as we go along, I promise. We're going to wait about having the fab shop quote the steel parts until after we have the nose completely assembled and working correctly. I already see a few changes that will have to be made to the headlamp doors to make them fit and work properly.

Charles Addams