News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Resto has begun!!! PICS !! 69 b7 4 speed Assembly has begun!!! PICS

Started by Charger-Bodie, July 28, 2016, 10:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hope the trip is going well or went well............... What part of Texas?

T
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

fastmark

Really nice meeting you and your crew. Glad you liked the car. I knew you would. It's good when two parties are both satisfied. Have a safe trip home. Keep us posted on the project. You should get this one painted in about two weeks? :icon_smile_big:

TexasStroker

Ah, very cool...

I was wrong, well the website was, on Summer's Last Blast...it will be next weekend in Vernon. 

I am assuming you will be headed back thru DFW, but The Polk Street Cruise will still be going down in Amarillo tomorrow night.  If you are interested and plan to attend let me know and I'll try to get a few Chargers together.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: TexasStroker on August 05, 2016, 11:01:18 PM
Ah, very cool...

I was wrong, well the website was, on Summer's Last Blast...it will be next weekend in Vernon. 

I am assuming you will be headed back thru DFW, but The Polk Street Cruise will still be going down in Amarillo tomorrow night.  If you are interested and plan to attend let me know and I'll try to get a few Chargers together.

Unfortunately we won't have that kinda time. Need to be heading back north.

We did see a yellow 68 383 4 speed car setting at a mech shop , stopped and took some pics.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

TexasStroker

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on August 06, 2016, 09:41:57 AM
Quote from: TexasStroker on August 05, 2016, 11:01:18 PM
Ah, very cool...

Unfortunately we won't have that kinda time. Need to be heading back north.

We did see a yellow 68 383 4 speed car setting at a mech shop , stopped and took some pics.

Bummer, understandable though...main thing is getting the Charger back safe!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger-Bodie

trip went great! Car is everything i expected it to be. Mark was very hospitable as well. I have done some disassembly and i am constantly reminded that this is a great car! Not the negitive surprises that often come.

Charger-Bodie

Fuel mileage wasnt all that great as shown in the above pic. But it sure had no trouble pulling it!

Also saw a 68 383 4 speed car along the way in Texas. Had to stop and snap a couple pics.

1970Moparmann

Looks like a great project Brian?   What is the color combo on it? 

For your truck, were you pulling an enclosed trailer?   That is surprising that the mileage was so bad.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on August 13, 2016, 11:48:43 AM
Looks like a great project Brian?   What is the color combo on it?  

For your truck, were you pulling an enclosed trailer?   That is surprising that the mileage was so bad.

15 6.4 Hemi regular cab ram with enclosed trailer.

Car is 69 R/T 440 4 speed a33 Dana. B7 NON vinyl top. Blue interior. i may change that to black or white. Hardly any options . Am 8 track is pretty much it. If someone would want to decifer the build sheet i have attached pics . First Hot rod ive ever had that had a build sheet!

Body is awesome. needing lower 1/4 patches and hopefully just to weld a few pinholes shut in trunk floor.

Alaskan_TA

Y09 Y11 - ordered by a US Serviceman from overseas.

Blue on blue, maybe Navy or Air Force personnel?

I'd keep it that way just out of respect.

6bblgt

:2thumbs:

the average '69 Charger had around $1000 worth of OPTIONs, this one does fall well short of that with just 4 extra cost OPTIONs totaling $410.15

E86 = 440 cu.in. - STANDARD
D21 = 4-speed - No/Charge
A33 = 3.54:1 - $142.85
C16 = console - $54.45
J55 = undercoating - $16.60
R22 = AM w/8-track - $196.25

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

6bblgt

I use to own a T5/C6X Y09 EXPORT 440 4-spd '69 R/T  :scratchchin: I went to look at its OPTIONs for comparison (it has ~$260 more: A01, B41/B51, R11, S77, V1X, W21), but discovered:

I now know of 22 - Y09 EXPORT 1969 cars (most presumably ordered by US servicemen) 8-blue & 5-green  :scratchchin:
:coolgleamA: 2 w/HEMI, 13 w/4-speed, 3 convertibles - an impressive list!  

6 - Charger R/Ts, 4 are 4-speed (2 are HEMI) - one is blue/blue, one is blue/black & one is green/black (4 are stripe "DELETE" - V88)
2 - Charger 383s, 1 is 4-speed - one is blue/blue & one is blue/black
1 - Charger 318, auto, A/C, pdb - blue/white
4 - GTXs, 3 are 4-speed - one is green/green
2 - GTX 'verts, 1 is 4-speed - one is blue/blue
3 - Super Bees, 2 are 4-speed - 2 are green/green
1 - Road Runner 'vert, it is blue/blue
2 - Dart GTS 383s, 1 is 4-speed - 1 is blue/black
1 - Barracuda 318 4-spd, it is green/tan

Charger-Bodie

tan top

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on August 13, 2016, 11:56:17 AM
Quote from: 1970Moparmann on August 13, 2016, 11:48:43 AM
Looks like a great project Brian?   What is the color combo on it?  

For your truck, were you pulling an enclosed trailer?   That is surprising that the mileage was so bad.

15 6.4 Hemi regular cab ram with enclosed trailer.

Car is 69 R/T 440 4 speed a33 Dana. B7 NON vinyl top. Blue interior. i may change that to black or white. Hardly any options . Am 8 track is pretty much it. If someone would want to decifer the build sheet i have attached pics . First Hot rod ive ever had that had a build sheet!

Body is awesome. needing lower 1/4 patches and hopefully just to weld a few pinholes shut in trunk floor.

:o  great stuff  !!  :coolgleamA:   looking forward to seeing resto pictures & stuff , as  &when  :yesnod: :cheers: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Charger-Bodie

So? Would it have been equipped with the woodgrain steering wheel? How about the wheels? Hub  caps steelies painted body color?

6bblgt

original steering wheel would've been like this only BLUE
&
yes, 14x5.5" wheels painted B7 w/"dog dish" hub caps w/redline F70-14 Goodyear SPEEDWAY or Firestone WIDE OVALS (what ever tire was being installed that late in the year at Hamtramck)

Charger-Bodie

fastmark

I told you that you would like the car even better when you got home! Yes it is a cool one. Wish I could have kept it but I need to finish a couple of mine. It went to good home. My vote is to keep it a blue interior. Since you've got the sheet with it, I'd stay close to that. Besides the blue interior is rarer than black. Everyone has a black interior. Blue really pops!

Mytur Binsdirti

The only flaw I see with the car is that it has rectangle holes in the fenders and quarters instead of round holes.  ;)

Other than that, it looks very nice. Congrats. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: fastmark on August 17, 2016, 06:45:43 AM
I told you that you would like the car even better when you got home! Yes it is a cool one. Wish I could have kept it but I need to finish a couple of mine. It went to good home. My vote is to keep it a blue interior. Since you've got the sheet with it, I'd stay close to that. Besides the blue interior is rarer than black. Everyone has a black interior. Blue really pops!

If i had a complete or close blue interior,I'd be more inclined to go blue. Just not a huge fan of dyeing that much stuff. I haven't completely ruled it out and I do like the look.