News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3 speed wiper motor mishap

Started by comet_666, July 28, 2016, 07:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comet_666

It appears that there has been an "accident" with my newly rebuilt 3 speed wiper motor. It seems that at some point the wires (arrow) have been pulled out. I soldered them together an that fixed the wipers, however now they do not return to the down position when you turn the switch to OFF.

Thoughts?

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Charger-Bodie

Grounds good at the motor and switch panel?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Passion4Mopars

Probably the park switch on the back side of the switch plate.  If you take it off, make note of where the clocking nib is and return it to the correct place, if you just put it back on in the wrong clocking position and have say a B body it'll park in the E or C body position on the windshield.  I'll attach photos of how it should look to park and where to clock the switch plate for the proper park position.  See if that helps?

While you have the switch plate off look at the surface of the gear also and make sure you don't have a broken island on the gear surface that can cause the gear latch to ride wrong and catch the park switch and push it up or pull it down.  It needs to be in the position in the photo for the gear latch to break contact and cause the motor to reverse and park.

comet_666

Kim built this one and it was in top notch working condition (and physical condition) until this mishap. I will pull it out and take a peek, thanks Kim and for everyone's  :Twocents: !!!

Passion4Mopars

Nooooo if I built that one, you send it to me for repair and return.  It's got a lifetime warranty