News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wing Cars at Trenton in 1970

Started by Stevearino, July 31, 2016, 03:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevearino

I don't know if this link has been shared over here or not but I found it this morning on the You tubes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1prgGU2mBU

This second link is some footage my friend took at the same event that I am not sure of whether I posted here or not but here it is just the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQv28G1Byg0

4spdwing

I used to skateboard on the race track amd go fishing in the ponds in the infield... One time we heard a car.. went over to the dogleg wall. Rick Mears was testing... He waved to us.. Couldn't do that at any track these days
440 4bbl 4spd Superbird  383 Auto Dart GTSport

Stevearino

Quote from: 4spdwing on July 31, 2016, 07:33:43 PM
I used to skateboard on the race track amd go fishing in the ponds in the infield... One time we heard a car.. went over to the dogleg wall. Rick Mears was testing... He waved to us.. Couldn't do that at any track these days

No. No you couldn't today. Met Richard Petty in 1969 working with Dale Inman out of the back of a box truck on his Torino Talladega. First time I had ever seen a stock car and he answered all of my questions while still working on the car. They were pretty much all by themselves off of one of the service roads outside the track. No body there but the 4 of us on bicycles.  Good times for sure.

After Petty crashed that Superbird in practice we went out on the track and collected up the fragments of bondo from the nose. I don't know what ever I did with those pieces  but I treasured them back in the day. You can barely see it but there is a row of Petty blue bondo chips taped to this broken windshield out of Jabe Thomas's car. We peeled the contingency stickers off of any car we could ant that  "Y" and "4" were off the Petty Superbird. There is also a few red bondo chips from Bobby Allisons car who also grazed the wall at Trenton in 1970.

odcics2

Always nice to old film of wing cars doing what they were built to do!   :cheers:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Charger_Fan

Quote from: odcics2 on August 11, 2016, 07:58:30 AM
Always nice to old film of wing cars doing what they were built to do!   :cheers:
It sure is.
I was surprised this track had a right turn in it! Not much in the way of bleachers either, or maybe they were merely in a different area?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)