News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 charger dash questions

Started by Puzbie, August 03, 2016, 09:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puzbie

I have a couple of questions about my dash and probably more to come.

Is there a specific color and finish for the metal frame of the dash and is the top of the dash the same color as the rest on the bottom around the padding?  My interior is black.

My second question is... Is there anything that works as touch-up for the chrome trim on the dash around the gages? is it worth getting rechromed?  My wife has done a tremendous job of cleaning and detailing the original woodgrain, gages, and dash pads and they have turned out great,  (a few usage marks here and there)  I really want to keep the original dash and console in the car even though I am doing a complete restoration.  I want to have my original cockpit as it was when I first got the car in '86.  Its just the Chrome has a lot of marks where it has been worn.

Thanks for any guidance!!

Puzbie

Ok I'm considering using Chrome Tech for the Chrome replating on the dash panels  $200?  Does this sound right?

On The Dash Frame... Does anyone know the correct color...I have heard textured and I thought I saw on some paint sheet something about suede?  Does that make sense?  Any codes for the color?

oldcarnut

If you do a search there are a lot of threads on it.  SEM Trim Black is what I used on my 70.  Looks pretty good