News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dyno mat or cool it thermo tech mat??

Started by 69wannabe, August 06, 2016, 09:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69wannabe

Not sure where to post this but it will be going inside the car so I was wondering has anyone used this cool it thermo tech sound/heat mat? Jegs has a deal where if you buy two of the bigger boxes you get a small one free. I am hoping that between two of the big boxes and the free small box I will be able to do the complete floor on my charger from front to back. I used some of this same brand on a fork lift at work for noise issues and it's fairly easy to lay out and since it went so good on the fork lift I decided to put some in my charger. It may make it quieter driving and may keep the heat from the exhaust from heating up the inside of the car in this summer heat so much. Ordered the cool it mat today so pretty soon I will be pulling the seats and carpet and laying it in there. I see all the restoration shows using the same or similar stuff so it just seems like it's a good idea or at least I hope so anyway.....

c00nhunterjoe

I used the cheap generic "dynomat" roll out undercarpet insulation with great results.

303 Mopar

I bought the 36 Sq Ft FatMat Bulk Pack Install Kit (Item # 6620) for $68 shipped to my door and it covered from firewall to under the rear seats.  I liked the individual sheets in this kit instead of a big roll too, made the install go fast and was easy to manipulate the insulation.
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

69wannabe

The cool it mat is about 60 bucks for a 36 x 60 roll, I used this same kind on that fork lift at work and it's pretty easy to work with. One of my co-workers has a big pair of scissors that i'm going to borrow that make's cutting it alot easier. All this stuff seems to be similar in one way or another but some of it seems alot more expensive than some of the other for some reason. different name brands I guess.....

Kern Dog

I have heard that people like to use these asphalt based/foil backed sound deadener products to reduce heat inside the car. It gets over 100 here in the Summer but  I added the stuff more to reduce noise. I don't know if it made any difference in heat reduction.
I used "Fat Mat". I covered the floor, firewall and even put patches of it on the back sides of the door skins and quarter panels. It did reduce resonance and noise.