News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Are 516 heads worth anything?

Started by new2muscle, August 16, 2016, 12:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

new2muscle

My car came with a spare set of 516 heads, small Ex valve, just rebuildable cores. If I read the date code correctly, they are 1965. I dont really have a need for them, any idea if they are worth anything? General value?

Thanks- :cheers:

c00nhunterjoe

Most people will say junk. Especially as cores needing rebuilt. Even 906s are considered scrap metal anymore with the cost of a rebuild being nearly double that of a set of brand new aluminums. There are even steel heads available now for those who dont want aluminum. Cost to rebuild is just too high.

new2muscle

Thanks. I kinda suspected that. I will bury them on a shelf and save them for hard times.  :-\  :icon_smile_cool:

c00nhunterjoe

In all reality, rebuilding any iron head, to include 915s, is not worth it anymore with the cost of a set of stealths or even eddys. A pair of cores, FULLY rebuilt without even being ported, will cost more then a set of eddy heads.

RallyeMike

Some castings are still worth saving for the restro crowd, but even the coveted 906 is hardly worth anything these days.

1965 heads are pretty much worth scrap vale unless you have some personal use for them.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

new2muscle

I figured as much.

When I guy a boat, I will have TWO anchors..... :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Thanks guys.