News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any computer technical people out here? - Firefox issues

Started by 1970Moparmann, August 25, 2016, 08:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970Moparmann

Guys, pretty frustrated right now.   Last week my computer was acting like it had a virus, so I re-imaged it.   Loaded up a few drivers, Google Earth, and Mozilla Firefox.  One of the weird things that was happening last week was I kept on getting a web page message that there is a critical Firefox update that needs to be downloaded.  I always close it out, verify I have the latest version, and move on.   Well, after my re-image last week, I still get this critical update message and also Firefox will lockup every hour or so when I just have Iheart or even any webpage just open.    Any ideas?
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Dino

My wife's pc had a similar issue. She ended up deleting all the Firefox files and then did a clean install with the latest version. She hasn't had an issue since. Might not work for you but it's worth a shot.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

1970Moparmann

Thanks.  It's weird that this keeps happening.   Will try again.

When will your car be back on the road?

Dino

I'm in the middle of a three week break between semesters so I can do a bit of work to the car. This is the longest break in the entire program though and with school taking up all my time I likely won't be able to get all the work done until I'm done with school so that will be the second half of 2018...
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

red72chrgr

Do either of you guys or anyone know if I take Firefox out and reload it will I lose my bookmarks? I'm having similar problems like 1970 is.
Nothing personal, just business

red72chrgr

I found out how. Thanks if anyone was going to answer. Amazing what I can do if I just search... :slap:
Nothing personal, just business

1970Moparmann

Glad you found how to save the bookmarks.   Firefox must not be doing updates as quickly as before and still having issues.

bakerhillpins

This isn't a Firefox issue, as in it's not a virus in the Firefox code or on your particular PC. At least not until you try to install the "update". Its a Trojan that has been injected into the Ad sites that are loaded indirectly from other websites. I get this pretty frequently right now from ebay.

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.