News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vinyl Paint

Started by 69skcharger, August 29, 2016, 04:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69skcharger

I need to refresh my upper door panels and arm rests. I have heard good things about the SEM product, anyone have experience with the OER stuff available through Classic Industries? Also, my interior is white, is it typical to try and match the color to swatches, or is there a color code guide available somewhere for these cars? 

69skcharger

I found what I needed. For future reference SEM Super White 15103 is a very close match to the original white interior in a 69.

4406pack

You can always call totally auto all they sell paint for mopars you could call them for the correct color for your interior. $24 a can but a perfect match.
2016 echo diesel dodge ram 1970 rt/se dodge charger

Laowho

Quote from: 4406pack on September 06, 2016, 11:18:31 PM
You can always call totally auto all they sell paint for mopars you could call them for the correct color for your interior. $24 a can but a perfect match.

Oh man, TY for this. Been drivin myself nuts tryin to find someone who matches. (Found 1 but they wanted a 3"x1" swath.)

Mike DC

I hope Totally Auto's interior paint is better than the grille silver & taillight black spray cans I got from them in the early 2000s.  That stuff was expensive junk.

The grille silver shade looked no more accurate than a $3 can of "aluminum silver" from Walmart.  The taillight organisol had so much accurate texturing that it never really sprayed out of the can.  

john108

I have a 68 Charger with color code RR1.
The SEM paint "Burgundy" and "Napa Red" match my door panels and other trim, in my opinion, perfectly.

Mopar Crazy

I have to do my upper pads on my 68. My interior is black. Does anyone know the SEM # for a 68 Charger black interior ??
On their site they have trim black, low VOC black, gloss black.

and does anyone use a clear on the pads??

Thanks

Do it Once and Do it Right !!!

Dino

You need to use their Color Coat line to do upholstery. Trim black and the others are for rigid surfaces. I think their Landau black is a close match but I'm not positive.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Mopar Crazy

ok, I'll call them direct... Thx

btw is that a 68 in your pic ?
Do it Once and Do it Right !!!

Dino

Nope, 69.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.