News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can the Oil Pressure Gauge be repaired? 69 Charger

Started by Johnnys440Charger, September 01, 2016, 07:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnys440Charger

My gauge is dead.  One of the wires burnt/broke off.  See read arrow.   I also think its fried.   Can this be repaired?   I am in the process of just buying another one.   I guess I will keep this for parts to sell.

Dino

It can be repaired but I've never tried. When my gauges fried (3 at once), I bought some old gauges off ebay and transferred the faces as I had just put new decals on mine. The bodies of the oil, temp, and fuel gauge are pretty much the same; they all work on the same resistance. I think my oil gauge used to be a water temp gauge.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Johnnys440Charger

Cool.  That's good to know that the bodies are transferable. 

Dans 68

They can be repaired. I had mine rebuilt by a member on this site. Very economical. PM me if you want his contact info - I need to check with him to see if he is "still in business".  ;)

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259