News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

disc brake upgrade - front sway bar solution

Started by 0X01B8, April 17, 2006, 11:05:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0X01B8

I did the Mopar Action disc brake upgrade way back, well, when the article first came out.  We didn't have the Internet for research  so I would just buy every mag I could find.  I don't remember it saying anything about swapping calipers left-to-right so I didn't do that.  It just said 'you'll have interfence...buy an Addco sway bar''

Anyway, please don't pick on me too bad, but I still don't have a front sway bar on the car.  This thread sounds like the solution, 'cause I really don't feel like tearing down another front suspension.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,817.0.html

It uses the shock bolt on the lower control arm for the mount point, which sounds like a great idea.  The thread just sort of stops - has anybody used this bar?  I think I'll try it.

andyf

There are lots of ways around the sway bar interference issue.  Aftermarket setups that bolt to the shock bolt will work, or using the '70 or newer mounts will work.  Smaller calipers such as my Wilwood kit clear the anti-sway bar mount.  Reversing the knuckles work but you have to get the correct caliper and brake line.

On my car I built custom sway bars that attach to the strut rod.  That is what the early B bodies as well as the late B bodies did.