News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIPER arms stay straight up9

Started by Canadian1968, September 02, 2016, 09:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canadian1968

I have been waiting for the retrainer clip that holds the drive link to throw back of the wiper motor located under the dash.  I installed cam , spring washer and clip. Hit the  wiper switch and the arms go up and stop. If I try and change speeds they try to move but won't.  When I turn switch off they don't move. 

Thoughts ?

70 sublime

Did you power up the motor before you put the throw link on to be sure the motor was at its rest position to start with ?

Might be binding up if it is out half a turn and will not go any farther now ??
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Canadian1968

No I did not. I did move the motor by hand to see if I could get the wipers back down.... which I could.

so I should disconnect the drive arm. and turn ok the motor and let it do a cycle or so aND it should rest back in position ?

70 sublime

Maybe another question also

Are you sure you have the right parts ??
Was your wipers working when you started your project or was it just a pile of parts ?

2 spd and 3 spd wipers have a different arm that goes onto the motor (different length and the square hole is turned at a different angle)

Canadian1968

ohh no I am sure parts are right.  All I did was dis connect the drive arm from under the dash so I could pull the wiper motor out from the engine bay. I cleaned up the motor gave it a coat of paint and dropped it back in. 
The wiperson were working before .

Canadian1968

well I figured it out  ::)

I was putting the arm on then cam spring retainer . The cam needs to go on first then drive arm on top of that.....

The arm was hitting the center bolt of the motor as it tried to make the rotation  !!

70 sublime

Some times it is the simplest of things  :2thumbs: