News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

who makes the best kit?

Started by beefmalone, September 04, 2016, 02:34:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beefmalone

I've seen all kinds of prices. Is there a FAQ somewhere? Trying to figure out who makes what & for how much and who to avoid. Might make a good sticky for this forum too. I've got a '69 R/T 440/727 that I'm debating doing up. thanks

70 sublime

Are you thinking about making a Daytona clone ?
What part of the world do you live in ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

oldcarnut

Hi and welcome.  There are several threads with parts suppliers and opinions of who and who not to buy from along with experiences. Try the search button and try various searches on clone kits, venders etc.  Some are helpful and some are bashing but all good info to make a decision about. 

JR

I wouldn't mind an updated thread either, I've been kicking around the idea of a clone myself.

There was a member here making some beautiful Daytona wings out of cast aluminum. Daytona Guy I believe? I wonder if he's still doing them.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Daytona R/T SE

Before you buy ANYTHING else...

Find a GOOD pair of 1970 Charger fenders and a GOOD 1970

Charger hood.

Without  these, you won't need a "kit"

...ever.

:Twocents:

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on September 04, 2016, 05:30:58 PM
Before you buy ANYTHING else...

Find a GOOD pair of 1970 Charger fenders and a GOOD 1970

Charger hood.

Without  these, you won't need a "kit"

...ever.

:Twocents:

agreed, and if your looking to produce a Daytona utilizing the best components along with correctness (no Vega plugs, fiberglass noses, or glass wings, etc) expect to drop $15K-$20K+ on parts alone

beefmalone

Quote from: 70 sublime on September 04, 2016, 04:56:02 AM
Are you thinking about making a Daytona clone ?
What part of the world do you live in ?

I'm in Mississippi. I've got a mostly restored '69 Charger R/T. Just kicking the idea around. Tried searching but didn't really come up with much info.