News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What does this tag under my seat say?

Started by johnnycharger, September 05, 2016, 12:07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycharger

Is there anyway to know if this seat is original to my car? :shruggy:

Lennard

I could be wrong but 2-23-70 looks like a date to me.

johnnycharger

Quote from: Lennard on September 05, 2016, 05:40:09 AM
I could be wrong but 2-23-70 looks like a date to me.

That's what it made me think to. I think it is interesting that the seats that came in the car when I got it has these metal tags under them and the 2 other seats I have purchased used have paper tags.

Alaskan_TA

The 7 digit number is the part number for the seat frame itself.

Steel & thin cardboard tags were both used.

shorty442

:shruggy:  probably code meaning "do not remove this tag", kinda like the ones on mattresses, etc.   :nana:

Alaskan_TA

No mattress, but at least one bedding company was a vendor for Chrysler seat parts. (found in a 1970 Challenger T/A)

johnnycharger

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on September 05, 2016, 02:43:03 PM
The 7 digit number is the part number for the seat frame itself.

Steel & thin cardboard tags were both used.

Cool! Thanks. I would assume that tags were different depending on the plant then. That is interesting about the bedding company. Never would have guessed.  Do you know if there is anyway to determine if these seats were original to my car? I am trying to decide if I should hoard them on a shelf or sell them off....

Alaskan_TA

Not a plant thing, but most items did have more than one vendor for parts.

If you found an original broadcast sheet in the seat that matched your car - then yes, the seat frame is for your car.

Other than that there is now way to know for sure.

Brock Lee

Yeah, they did not fabricate these things specifically for particular cars. The components would be made up in large quantities by one factory, part numbered for identification, sent to the plant, stocked, and picked from as needed.

johnnycharger

Thank you you guys! I really appreciate the information. 

dual fours

Johnnycharger, what Is your Chargers build date, around March 1970?
Which seat is the tag from?
Your avatar looks like it has an 'SE' on the sail panel.
Edit
: Yep I went back in your messages and found this out.

1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

johnnycharger

I don't recall the build date. I will have to look for it. It is an SE and the tag is from under one of the front bucket seats.

Alaskan_TA

There is no way to know the actual build date.

The exception would be a late 1972 & up car with the MDH information on the door sticker.

johnnycharger

Oh ok. I thought it maybe on my broadcast sheet.... Been a while since I have seen it...

dual fours

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on September 09, 2016, 07:14:11 PM
There is no way to know the actual build date.

The exception would be a late 1972 & up car with the MDH information on the door sticker.
I'll agree with the "no way to know the actual build date" but could it be said maybe within thirty days after the date information on the Production Broadcast sheet, Fender Tag and the door sticker, the car had a good chance to cross the end of the assembly line?  
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

Alaskan_TA

Broadcast sheets have been found in the same car for different cars with a VIN spread of over 30,000 & with their SPDs close to a month before or after each other.

But the job numbers & times on the sheets are VERY close.

There are lots of cars out there with the Mylar door stickers showing a month prior than the SPD and a month after the SPD also.