News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone here know what happened to my f3 C500 SE

Started by NOWIFE, September 08, 2016, 11:40:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NOWIFE

Back in 07 or 08 I regrettably sold my C500 to a fella in Columbia Sc that was going to finish the restoration.

I don't remember the exact VIN, as I have searched and searched for it.  But it what I do have is XX29L9B23....
It may have been XX29L9B239388 (I found that in some notes) SO was 925497

The car was F3 green with F8 Interior, 440 auto with factory a/c.  
When I sold it, it was on a whirley jig and basically a shell, but had most of it's parts for the body, but no matching engine or trans.  The car came from Pennsylvania in 96 or 97 when I bought it for the salty price of $2,500.00.  I stripped the car at a friends place in PA and had the body acid dipped in Allentown, neutralized it, baked it and epoxy primed it.  The only work I ever managed to get done was replace the trunk pans.  It needed one quarter and some other minor work.  The car had very little rust.  The rear window plug was near perfect.  It still had some of the original rear window molding clips attached to the roof (from original glass).  

Just curios where it may have ended up.  I talked to the guy I sold it to and he didn't offer much information.

The only odd thing about the car was that it never had the "charger" emblems on the roof, only two small holes for the SE emblems, which came with the car, but were just in a box, as was the rest of the car.  It was very evident that it came that way from the factory.  Once the car was dipped, there were no secrets.  The fender tag and the options really didn't match up to what I'm used to seeing on SE's.  No leather, no six way seat frame, no rocker molding.  But it did have the woodgrain dash, which was intact and complete, minus the 8-track.

Before everyone gives me a hard time about the acid dipping, please note, that at the time, it was the best way for me to know what I was getting into.  The fella that did the dipping process knew exactly what he was doing and the neutralizing process was very thorough.  The car baked in an oven at 200f for 4 hours and we epoxy primed it as soon as it came out.  The most gutwrenching part of that day was when we were headed back to my buddys place, the only cloud in the PA sky opened up on us when we stopped to grab a bite.  I cried....like a baby.  But it was also the hottest day of the year and she dried nicely by the time we got back to his shop.

tan top

sounds interesting  , would love to see some pictures , if you have any  , not seen many in F3 .....   don't think  yours was /is  239388

:scratchchin:   XX29L9B239388  was is a Y2 yellow C500 , have a picture of the fender tag on file ...
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

NOWIFE

my vin written on an old envelope from the bank had coffee stains on it.  So was guessing the numbers.

I have it somewhere.  Tried going through old emails but no luck so far.   Really just wondering what ever happened to it.  I've got some pieces/parts I found in a box and I'd like to get them to the owner.   The guy I sold it to did say that the his buyer painted it red.  I'd hate to think that's the case.  But who knows.

A383Wing

Rocker moldings and 6-way seat frames were optional on all the Chargers....I doubt they were standard on only SE cars

I'm unsure about the "leather interior" option

NOWIFE

I don't really know either what an SE was supposed to have.  I had one other 69 383 SE that had leather, rocker molding, six way, a/c, wood dash and even cruise, but I really haven't seen too many SE.   I think Rick Edwards had one with the C5X seat option way back in the day.  I remember seeing that at his place back in 84.  I've got regular old school pics of my car.  I'll see if I can figure out a way to load them up.

Davtona

Quote from: A383Wing on September 08, 2016, 06:40:38 PM
I'm unsure about the "leather interior" option

Leather seat "inserts" were part of the SE package I believe. However only the actual seat bottom and seat back were leather. The rest of the interior was vinyl.

talkiemopar

That was a 318 auto 69 charger with cloth inserts seats. Rick. p/s  Who are you?. 1984 was 32 years ago. :shruggy: :cheers: :nana:

richRTSE

NOWIFE

Quote from: talkiemopar on September 08, 2016, 09:01:25 PM
That was a 318 auto 69 charger with cloth inserts seats. Rick. p/s  Who are you?. 1984 was 32 years ago. :shruggy: :cheers: :nana:

That's right, I forgot about that.  I remember you giving me a long winded story about that.

I'm the moron that cut up a red 68 Charger 383 4spd car with power windows, which is probably still sitting in your yard.  LOL

NOWIFE

Quote from: richRTSE on September 09, 2016, 04:42:18 AM
XX29L9B232018 is listed as F3 in the registry spreadsheet...check it out here:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,115251.0.html

Rich, yep, that's my old car.   When I sold it, it had a front clip, but no grill. I honestly think a lot of the parts that went with the car went on that yellow Daytona that was restored in SC, but the front clip wouldn't have done them any good on the Daytona.  It was a basket case rusty, smashed car that Hodge's went all out on.  I hear that car really turned out nice.  Lee has done some stellar work.  They were starting on that yellow Daytona around the time I sold his friend my 500.  I never got to see the Daytona when it was completed, other than pics on the interweb.

70Sbird

Quote from: NOWIFE on September 09, 2016, 10:30:32 AM

That's right, I forgot about that.  I remember you giving me a long winded story about that.

This made me lol today.  :icon_smile_big:

Scott Faulkner

NOWIFE

Quote from: 70Sbird on September 09, 2016, 11:58:27 AM
Quote from: NOWIFE on September 09, 2016, 10:30:32 AM

That's right, I forgot about that.  I remember you giving me a long winded story about that.

This made me lol today.  :icon_smile_big:

Yeah, Ole' Rick is a talker.  Funny thing is, I just tried to call him, but his old number is no longer working (landline), and I caught myself thinking......whew, dodged that bullit..LOL

Rick, I know you are seeing this.  have you figured out who this is yet?

talkiemopar

talkiemopar

The 68 charger is long gone but i still have the power windows and doors and other stuff.  Rick.   :cheers: :cheers:

NOWIFE

Quote from: talkiemopar on September 09, 2016, 10:26:55 PM
The 68 charger is long gone but i still have the power windows and doors and other stuff.  Rick.   :cheers: :cheers:

I sent you a message
:icon_smile_big:

69_500

Pretty sure it sold at Mecum auction in Indy about 6 years ago. Will look when I get home from baseball.

This is Dan by the way. Talked to you a lot about the car years ago.

NOWIFE

Quote from: 69_500 on September 12, 2016, 05:12:22 PM
Pretty sure it sold at Mecum auction in Indy about 6 years ago. Will look when I get home from baseball.

This is Dan by the way. Talked to you a lot about the car years ago.

Dan from Indiana?

69_500

41husk

It is not 9388, that C500 was Y2 yellow, now B5 blue
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

5hunert

I remember seeing a pic online in the last 6 months of a bare but primered C500 shell rusting in a storage shed somewhere.  I wonder if that's the same car.

fc7_plumcrazy

I remember an F3 green 500 which was painted F6.
It was for sale at Vanguard last year

Carsten

white

white

Just noticed in the video when they open the trunk lid and you can see red paint under the rear window area, not sure if that is primer but they did say in the very beginning of the video that the car was originally f3.

6bblgt

anyone have an update on the whereabouts of this former F3/CRG SE 500 ???  :shruggy:

XX29L9B232018 is VON 925497 & has been painted RED. it was a no-sale at a Mecum auction in 2014

& the engine just showed up on Moparts "ENGINES LOST & FOUND"

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/2635755.html#Post2635755