News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Turn signal switch??

Started by rikubot, September 08, 2016, 11:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rikubot

Hi guys

I've been having troubles with my turn signal switch, I.e. brake lights not working, left turn indicator glowing, and the clicker not "engaging" left. I took it out to look at it to see what was up and noticed the plastic was cracked where the two rivets with the wires go through the plastic. It seems that the extra give this caused the problems I mentioned. I went out and got a new "Help!" Dorman cam, but it seems it doesn't fit for a number of reasons. Have any of you guys or gals had any similar experiences with this? I'm trying my best to avoid buying a whole new switch for $144...
'69 Charger, 440/727

M5Ivan

If the cam is cracked then you just need to find the replacement that fits. I ordered a new one because my brake lights weren't always working after signaling (one side only) and I thought it might be the fix. Turns out the contacts under the cam are just worn and I was able to modify the cam to make the proper connection. I ended up using the old one and have the new one sitting around somewhere. It's yours if you want it, just pay the shipping  :icon_smile_big:

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

rikubot

Thank you for responding. Would you be able to attach a pic of the back of the cam? I just want to make sure it's not like the one I got at the parts store.
'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

Quote from: M5Ivan on September 09, 2016, 05:31:56 PM
If the cam is cracked then you just need to find the replacement that fits. I ordered a new one because my brake lights weren't always working after signaling (one side only) and I thought it might be the fix. Turns out the contacts under the cam are just worn and I was able to modify the cam to make the proper connection. I ended up using the old one and have the new one sitting around somewhere. It's yours if you want it, just pay the shipping  :icon_smile_big:

Disregard my previous response, I'm just gonna go ahead and buy a new switch. I forgot about Mega Parts and I'm perfectly okay spending $50 on the whole piece. Mine is butchered up pretty good from the previous owner.
'69 Charger, 440/727

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Dino

I've been running the Mega Parts switch for several years and it's a solid piece.  :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

A383Wing

Quote from: Dino on September 09, 2016, 07:28:10 PM
I've been running the Mega Parts switch for several years and it's a solid piece.  :2thumbs:

same here, I have had no issues with the parts they sell

rikubot

They emailed me back and said they were out! I was able to get a cam that worked, though. The '70 part seemed to be the part I needed. I had to mess with the contacts a little bit to get it to work but it seems golden now. Not really too impressed with these "Help!" Dorman cams...
'69 Charger, 440/727