News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Back on the road again!

Started by superbird6bbl, August 30, 2016, 11:46:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superbird6bbl

I finally have my Bird on the road. It has been dormant, except for starting it since 1986. Runs great and I plan on putting a lot of miles on her and at least one 1/8th. Test and Tune night at Terre haute, In. and one 1/4 Test & Tune at Indianapolis, In.
Superbird6bbl, 69 Q5 SIX PACK Bee and 2011 Challenger SRT8 IE

Dave Kanofsky

Sounds GREAT!
Any chance you will take it to the DSAC/WW-NBOA meet in Springfield next month?
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

superbird6bbl

Sounds GREAT!

My wife and I have been thinking about it. Is security good or should I trailer it, if we decide to go?

hemi68charger

:2thumbs:

always a good feeling to drive your car again...........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

TheAutoArchaeologist

That's awesome!  Congratulations.  Post up some pics!

Dave Kanofsky

Quote from: superbird6bbl on August 31, 2016, 09:06:08 AM

Sounds GREAT!

My wife and I have been thinking about it. Is security good or should I trailer it, if we decide to go?

Never been there before either.  Mine will be sitting outside since I only have an open trailer anyways!
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

41husk

any info on this meet.  I know my C500 won't be ready.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Dave Kanofsky

charger chris

Nice. I dint know there was a super bird close to me. People around here seam to keep there cars in hideing. I have lived in Brazil, in for 13 years and all I see driven around was a blue roadrunner 70 and a 69 charger at the a.m.c. Movie show case. Have this feeling there are more around here but in hiding
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

superbird6bbl

always a good feeling to drive your car again...........

Yes, it is. I drove it about 36 miles yesterday. It received a lot of thumbs up.

superbird6bbl

Quote from: Devil on August 31, 2016, 12:21:56 PM
That's awesome!  Congratulations.  Post up some pics!

Thank you. I will try to put some pictures on here. They are too large, but I will try to resize them.

superbird6bbl

Quote from: charger chris on September 01, 2016, 07:02:31 AM
Nice. I dint know there was a super bird close to me. People around here seam to keep there cars in hideing. I have lived in Brazil, in for 13 years and all I see driven around was a blue roadrunner 70 and a 69 charger at the a.m.c. Movie show case. Have this feeling there are more around here but in hiding

I have had the car since 1986. I also used to live in Harmony and I had a 69.5 SIX PACK Bee, which I still have. Bought new 9-04-69. I took the Bird by a small Car show at Harrison College in Terre Haute last weekend.

charger chris

Man I didn't know there was a car last week end :brickwall: .i seam to find car shows as they are going on or I miss them. Are there any more going on around here? Nice a super bee. There is a super bee up the road from me I been told he got it new and he takes it to shows.
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

superbird6bbl

i seam to find car shows as they are going on or I miss them. Are there any more going on around here? Nice a super bee. There is a super bee up the road from me I been told he got it new and he takes it to shows.

I was just driving by and saw it. Ivy Tech is having one this Fall. PJ

superbird6bbl

superbird6bbl

superbird6bbl

superbird6bbl

superbird6bbl

Rear interior.

taxspeaker

I'm just down the road from you guys in Jeffersonville with the (also) alpine white alaska highway superbird, a perfect 65 barracuda and an old viper! We tried to do a Mopar only show in May but rained out, may try again for mid October.

superbird6bbl

I am just down the road from you guys in Jeffersonville with the (also) alpine white alaska highway superbird, a perfect 65 barracuda and an old viper! We tried to do a Mopar only show in May but rained out, may try again for mid October.

Sounds good, if we aren't already scheduled for something else, we could run down. Always liked the 64 & 65 Barracudas. 66 Dodge Coronet 2dr., 69.5 A12 Bee, Bird, 98 R/T, 99 3500 Cummins 5spd., 03 SRT4, 2011 IE Challenger and 2013 Turbo 6 spd. Dart.  PJ

Dave Kanofsky

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on August 31, 2016, 12:31:05 PM
Quote from: superbird6bbl on August 31, 2016, 09:06:08 AM

Sounds GREAT!

Never been there before either.  Mine will be sitting outside since I only have an open trailer anyways!

Unfortunately mine will now be sitting in my garage.  Family health problems forcing me to stay home.

Have a great time!

wingcarenvy

Great car! Congrats on getting it back on the road! :2thumbs: