News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Buying new original seats...

Started by UH60L, September 12, 2016, 09:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UH60L

So, I looked around a bit online and didn't see anything.  Is there anyone out there that sells complete original style seats for our cars?

My car is not and never will be original again, so buying/using non-original seats is not a problem (my car didn't have the original seats in when I bought it anyway).

I just want to put original style seats in my '69 now, but would rather by them ready to install, than have to pay someone to fix and re-foam/re-cover the old ones that I have.

If nothing else, I found some stock-looking buckets online for around $250 each and I might buy a pair of those to use until I get my old ones fixed if nothing else.

Mike DC

There are no repros of the stock metal frames AFAIK.  

ProCar Rallys have pleased a lot of people lately.  They are basically a modern aftermarket seat but the cover pattern is intended to look muscle-era.  They make a few different colors.  

If you haven't ever used the stock low-back Mopar buckets, you might want to find somebody's car to try them out before spending all the money.  The factory switched to a totally different seat for 1970-up for good reasons.  The stock 1969-down low back buckets were bad at everything.