News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Silver shifter?

Started by Danacus, September 21, 2016, 08:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danacus

It seems that the '68's had an all silver shifter in the console, but most of the '69's had a brown knob at the top. However, I do believe that some early '69's had the same silver shifter that the '68's had; is this true?

Lennard

maxwellwedge

And chrome ones later in 69 on many Daytona's as well.

Danacus

Quote from: maxwellwedge on September 22, 2016, 12:39:52 PM
And chrome ones later in 69 on many Daytona's as well.
Ok, just so I'm straight on this, when you say chrome, is this the same shifter that I am referring to as silver? I just want to make sure. Is it chrome covered plastic I assume? Thanks!

twenty mike mike

The originals are metal. No idea what the repops are.

stripedelete

On the originals, the collar or funnel shaped piece was chromed pot metal and the button was chromed plastic.

A383Wing

I have original chrome pot metal center buttons here, not all were plastic

ITSA426

I have found pot metal center buttons on all the 66s I've parted and all the automatic Chargers we own.  I've only seen plastic on 67s, but I'm sure there may be some with metal center buttons.  No doubt, Chrysler went to plastic as a cost saver.  Many of the differences I've found between 66 and 67 Chargers were simply cost savers.  All of mine are stick cars so no issues.  Not claiming to be an expert, just offering experience.

stripedelete

Now that you mention it, I have the hump out of a 66 coronet.   The button does have the same PITina as the rest of the shifter.