News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Blowing turn signal fuses, new painless kit installed, not sure where to look...

Started by UH60L, September 22, 2016, 09:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UH60L

So, I installed a painless wiring harness in my '69.  No major issues until about 3 weeks ago.  I keep popping turn signal fuses (15 amp), sometimes several in a short trip.  I noticed one time that when I turned on the headlights, the left turn signal indicator on the hood came on and stayed on with the park lights.  Then a week later when I turn the headlights on, the left hood turn signal indicator didn't come on at all, even when the turn signals were working (then a mile down the rod I blew another fuse...).

I thought maybe the hood indicators were loose, but that's not it.  I checked the taillight wiring and everything looks ok, no bare wires or anything.

Any ideas?  Anyone had similar experiences?

jlatessa

I had a couple of problems with my Painless install,
called their trouble line and they were very helpful and knowledgable.

Joe

UH60L

Actually, I was going to call or e-mail them, but the problem presented itself...

I had temporarily installed the other bucket seat so my wife could go for a ride with me.  As we made a right hand corner into a parking lot, my steering column mounting bracket...fell off into the floor (2 of the isolators (spacers) broke in half and fell out and the other one just fell out...).

Aaaaaand voila, no more popping fuses!  The bracket was squishing the tan wire (right turn signal)...

So while not exactly impressing my wife on the reliability of the car... I solved the wiring issue, hehe.    :icon_smile_big: