News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone making 73 tail light housings yet?

Started by WH23G3G, September 27, 2016, 11:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

I know it's been awhile since I asked but I was wondering if there is anyone or any company making 73 tail light housings with the wiring yet? I notice a lot of new reproduction parts coming available for the later B-bodies than when I got my 73 about 10+ years ago. Among other things it definitely keeps me from venturing out too far from my neighborhood since my brake lights don't work. I've had a couple people help me out trying to figure out what's going on. I initially pulled the wiring harness out to transfer to some better quality used housings which turned out to be a disaster. Because there's not really a way to reinstall the sockets like the factory. Basically it doesn't seem they were ever intended to be removed eventhough the plastic would for sure break away over time. Anyway all the lights light up normal. The problem on mine is the passenger side. One bulb is brighter than the other. I've cleaned grounds, cleaned sockets, changed sockets, changed bulbs and it still is brighter on one bulb than the other. Also when you have the headlights on and hit the brake the middle bulb goes out no matter if the bulb is new. I've checked to make sure all the wires are connected to the right plug by the wiring diagram. I just want to change out the whole housing if possible because now that they've been messed with it's hard to change the bulb without the socket moving.

ODZKing

I wish ... but there is a company doing the grilles and headlamp bezels so maybe they are on the horizon.  There is a post here somewhere about the grilles.
One can only hope.   :shruggy: