News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear taillight panel molding chrome trim

Started by 1batt4u, September 28, 2016, 01:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1batt4u

Hi all,

My car did not have the rear taillight panel molding trim. Where is a good place to buy it, thats not expensive, and how is it mounted?

My car does not have any holes on the rear panel.

M5Ivan

It has tabs that snap into the tail light housing on the truck side. I looked around online for replacements as mine were a little pitted, but reproduction sets run around $400. I ended up just spraying mine black (plasti-dip so it's reversible) and I think it looks great against the black tail light panel. Good luck!

M5Ivan

1batt4u

Oh sorry, I was referring to the chrome trim around the rear panel, not the trim around taillights.  The trim piece thats between the panel and trunk and curves on the sides. I need that and how to install. Should my panel have holes around?

M5Ivan

Ha! That piece does screw in to the top edge of the trunk. I assume there should be holes there  :yesnod:

1batt4u

Mine doesn't. Maybe they were covered when car was worked on.

charge69

That piece is made of stainless steel and is expensive!  When I restored my Charger, I looked into buying a repro and it was $400.00 !  Mine just needed buffing out and it looks great.
It is attached by the screws that screw into the top of the tail panel and are identical to the Wheel well trim that is also stainless steel.

1batt4u

Quote from: charge69 on September 28, 2016, 03:03:12 PM
That piece is made of stainless steel and is expensive!  When I restored my Charger, I looked into buying a repro and it was $400.00 !  Mine just needed buffing out and it looks great.
It is attached by the screws that screw into the top of the tail panel and are identical to the Wheel well trim that is also stainless steel.

Thank you!! Is the reproduction one also stainless steel?

The pieces that curve on the ends also should have holes on panel, screw on as well?

charge69

I am unsure about the repro piece being stainless.  Been about 3 years since I finished (you are never really finished) the Charger) and I do not know if the end pieces are even repro'd now.  Sorry I cannot be of any help about them. You will have to look around some of the repro-trim sellers to find out.

1batt4u