News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sail panel emblem location?

Started by two69chargers, October 20, 2016, 11:48:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

two69chargers

Let me start by saying this is an awesome site, full of a lot of great information. I've been coming here for about 3 years and finding help with stuff on my '69 Chargers. So this is my first post and I apologize if this is redundant or if it is covered already, but I've been searching though the site for this for weeks now and I cannot find it. So, please point me at this if it is already there:

I just finished putting all the stainless trim back on my white-hat special car after replacing the vinyl top. Only thing left is the Charger script emblems on the sail panels. This car is just a driver, for it has a lot of bad rust in not so good places, but the paint is still shinny and the 318 still runs the car down the road like a champ. My emblems have the "post" cut off (bought them that way at a swap) and I previously glued them onto the old top. I am going to do the same again, but I would like to get the placement correct. The holes in the metal under the vinyl for the emblems are not there (not sure if they were filled or just never there) so I do not have them for reference. I do not want to try and take the headliner apart to go from the inside-out for the placement. Does anyone have the correct location documented somewhere on here? Or could someone make some measurements of there car and let me know?

Thanks for any help offered

Keith
1969 RT / SE, 440 Magnum, Track Pack, B5
1969 White Hat Special, 318, 904, 8-1/4

Just 6T9 CHGR

Keith, you should be able to see at least one of the holes from inside the trunk..  Instead of gluing, poke through the vinyl for at least that one hole & use it as a guide...  :Twocents:

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

green69rt

These three pics should help.  In the first pic the tape is hooked in the window opening curve.

two69chargers

Thanks guys! This is exactly what I was after!
1969 RT / SE, 440 Magnum, Track Pack, B5
1969 White Hat Special, 318, 904, 8-1/4