News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'69 vent window parts...

Started by UH60L, October 03, 2016, 09:17:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UH60L

So I got new rubber seals for my vent windows but I can't seem to find the weather stripping that the glass sits in in the pivoting shelf or the plastic parts for the hinge/pivot point.

Anyone know where to buy those?

69bfan

The pot metal base for the vent window glass uses a glass setting tape that can be purchased at some of your larger automobile paint and body supply houses or glass shops.  It comes in various thickness, but we usually sell the 1/32" as it will be doubled when placed into the channel and the glass is placed into that channel.  Most people think that it was a body putty type of material but after 40 plus years, it has hardened and cracked from exposure to the elements.  The glass setting tape should run you approximately $1.25 per foot.  The pivot seals are available as well and are just a combination of four small rubber / laminate seals that are placed between the glass and the pivot.  You can find them for around $6.00 depending upon the vendor.  I am out of town this week for the Hershey show, if you are not able to find anything local, then drop me a message.
Thanks,
Richard
Restoration Parts and Materials
404-643-5760
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

UH60L

My pivot point has a flat plastic washer on the inside and a plastic bushing on the outside...

(my car is a '69...)

(Pictures were too big, have to resize then later)

UH60L

Here are the pics.  The parts I need are either black plastic or black nylon.  One bushing and one flat washer on each vent window.