News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hemi Superbird 4 speed worth?

Started by Shelby67air, October 05, 2016, 04:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelby67air

I may have found one that has been stored over 20 years. My hopes are not up until i see it and document it. Guy who has it is fighting with family about the ownership of it. But he said if he gets it he would trade for my hemi roadrunner 68 and cash. So I am wondering what there worth. He stated it drove when he parked it 20 plus years ago.  I cannot see it until the lawyers say its ok or id me there already. I was told it's orange and a 4 speed. I really do not want to get rid of my roadrunner but if its real then I think i would be a fool not too.

thanks

ws23rt

There is a question mark in the thread title. ;D

It seems like you are the one in the drivers seat when it comes to the "worth" question.
The description you give us is rather sparse. :shruggy:

He said he would trade for your hemi RR + cash?---This is a start cause you should have an idea of the value of your RR.
If this car is a mess (20 years parked?) you may be getting into a money pit that would take fun from a deal.
A big project could turn your smile into a  :eek2:

Aero426

I think it is safe to say the most recent Hemi 4-speed Superbird that emerged from long term storage sold for something north of $300,000.    So in general, if the seller is aware of market values, you will likely need a giant size Hot Wheels case of Hemi Road Runners to trade.     

Shelby67air

Ok so my RR and cash is a pretty good trade. Figured. worst condition is it worth $100,000?

Aero426

Quote from: Shelby67air on October 06, 2016, 12:17:16 AM
Ok so my RR and cash is a pretty good trade. Figured. worst condition is it worth $100,000?

I would say that this is what a $100,000 Hemi 4-speed Superbird would look like. 

superbirdtom

www.moparponderosa.com did have a lime hemi 4 speed superbird asking a mere 700k + for it. I see its no longer listed but it gives you the high end for these cars.

Shelby67air

I will update when I actually see it and verify the numbers.

Shelby67air

What are we talking fully restored? $300,000 $500,000? This sounds like a good replacement for my roadrunner. I really don't want to part with it.

68pplcharger

superbirdtom

Just looked on Hemmings  the lime hemi bird is listed for $799.000.00  whew!

6bblgt

Quote from: superbirdtom on October 07, 2016, 11:02:49 AM
Just looked on Hemmings  the lime hemi bird is listed for $799.000.00  whew!

which is at least twice what it is "worth"

Galevin

My guess is if he does not know what a Hemi Superbird is worth (since he's offering you cash plus the Hemi bird), then he certainly does not know the difference between a 440 and a Hemi. I'd bet he's got a 440 bird. JMHO.
Gerald

held1823

... (since he's offering you cash plus the Hemi bird)

the bird owner wants both, for HIS car
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Shelby67air

My Hemi rr and decent amount of cash.
Need to see the vin. Fender tag would be nice to see too.

GOTWING

69_500

gtx6970

I know at least one Hemi Superbird owner that has turned down $350K all cash deal in the past 18 months. Decent car , needs restored and hasn't run in probably 25 years or more.
Limelight Hemi 4 spd car, its not the OE  shortblock

Hemi Runner

Quote from: gtx6970 on October 22, 2016, 11:45:31 AM
I know at least one Hemi Superbird owner that has turned down $350K all cash deal in the past 18 months. Decent car , needs restored and hasn't run in probably 25 years or more.
I would have taken that fool's money.....

gtx6970

Quote from: Hemi Runner on October 22, 2016, 01:36:37 PM
Quote from: gtx6970 on October 22, 2016, 11:45:31 AM
I would have taken that fool's money.....

My point was. Given so few of these cars made and the market isnt exactly full of Hemi Birds for sale. Trust me, there are people out there that know exactly what they want and are willing to pay for it.
I'll be honest I think the offer was more of a test to see if the owner would bite ( he thought about it for about a minute before turning it down )  )  but was more than willing pay it  if he did. He can afford it.

Shelby67air

I'm staying on top of this guy. If he wants to trade for my Hemi RR and about 50k then it sounds good. I know I have to verify the numbers on the vin fender tag and block. What should I be looking for also?

bebeep1969

I owned a 426 hemi 4 speed limelight superbird for the last 10 years.
Sold it in the spring of 2016.
Not knowing the condition of either car...a 68 hemi road runner is the least desirable of them all.
If it is a black 4 speed in perfect condition it is probably worth 70.
Bird in perfect condition is worth 475-525.  If in #3 condition/20 footer it is still worth in the 250 range.
My advice is make the trade
1970 FJ5 V-code 4 speed Superbird
1970 FY1 V-code 4 speed Superbird

bebeep1969

The registry lists 4 hemi 4 speed limelight superbirds.
Mike has the white interior.
Ponderosa has one.
Mine that i sold.
This must be the fourth bird or it was a color change. 
Post pics of the tag.  you will want to see FJ5 and RM23R0A.  If it says EW1 and RM23U0A it may not be worth much more than your car.
1970 FJ5 V-code 4 speed Superbird
1970 FY1 V-code 4 speed Superbird

mopar4ya

Quote from: bebeep1969 on October 31, 2016, 04:25:08 PM
The registry lists 4 hemi 4 speed limelight superbirds.
Mike has the white interior.
Ponderosa has one.
Mine that i sold.
This must be the fourth bird or it was a color change. 
Post pics of the tag.  you will want to see FJ5 and RM23R0A.  If it says EW1 and RM23U0A it may not be worth much more than your car.

If that car is legit, then there is more than 4 Birds in this combo. I know of one not mentioned here.

gtx6970

Real car . Sorry, I'm not a liberty to expose the full vin ( not my car )

maxwellwedge

An Auto Hemi Bird just sold in Toronto for under 190 $Cdn  .....and it was a decent, solid car. That was a gift. It was the one Doug's father owned years ago.

Beep Beep Dave

Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 02, 2016, 01:04:49 PM
An Auto Hemi Bird just sold in Toronto for under 190 $Cdn  .....and it was a decent, solid car. That was a gift. It was the one Doug's father owned years ago.

Was it being advertised or was it word of mouth? That does seem like a great price for a Hemi Superbird.

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T