News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cowl Insulation

Started by john108, October 06, 2016, 03:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john108

1968 Dodge Charger:
I stared up at the bottom of the cowl trying to decide what side and direction to attach the cowl insulation.
The insulation does have a few slits, in the pad.  It appears that a strip can be removed that slips around the Brake pedal Bracket, but I am not sure.  If that is the case, then I know which side of the car each of the 2 end wings would go.  But I am not sure whether to try to fit those wings against the firewall or toward the dash.

Some guidance would be appreciated.
Thank You,
John

BLK 68 R/T

Is your dash out where it is easy to dry fit it? Once you hold it up there you will find out that it will only fit one way where it lays in place neatly.

john108

Yes, The Dash is out.
I will try again, lay on the floor of the car and try to fit it to the bottom of the cowl!
I was trying to decide if the "wings" on each end are up against the firewall or wrap around the fresh air connections, towards the aft side of the dash.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

green69rt

Is this glued on?  I don't remember any on mine (7 years ago!)  Another detail to remember! :eek2:

cdr

Quote from: green69rt on October 06, 2016, 08:02:24 PM
Is this glued on?  I don't remember any on mine (7 years ago!)  Another detail to remember! :eek2:

spray adhesive
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

john108

OK, I tried fitting it in place and I see how it fits.  I am assuming that the plan would be to bond little sections at a time.  Starting near the center or closer to where the brake pedal bracket (slot in the insulation) is located.  Any other suggestion, that would keep me out of trouble, would be appreciated.