News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear tail light fixture 73 Charger??

Started by Scarymopar440woo, October 07, 2016, 12:19:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarymopar440woo

Hi does anyone know where I can buy...not the lenses because I have those but the actual fixtures for the rear tail lights 73 Charger.
Been looking everywhere and I can't find them...the lenses are readily available but not the actual part that the lens attaches to where the light bulbs screw in.
If I could just get the left driver side for now I'd be happy.
Thank you!!

ODZKing

Quote from: Scarymopar440woo on October 07, 2016, 12:19:05 AM
Hi does anyone know where I can buy...not the lenses because I have those but the actual fixtures for the rear tail lights 73 Charger.
Been looking everywhere and I can't find them...the lenses are readily available but not the actual part that the lens attaches to where the light bulbs screw in.
If I could just get the left driver side for now I'd be happy.
Thank you!!
Not available new anywhere. I have been looking for 6 years. There are 2 styles, the coupe/Rallye style which are argent and "SE" the ones like I have which are even harder to find as they are chromed. In the past I spoke to Mike at the former BE&A about those and grilles, and he said there was no interest in reproducing them as "Charger guys won't pay the price for them" (quote).
If you have simply argent ones, you can most likely find a set at a yard and repaint them ... that will work.  But in my case I even checked with numerous plastic re-chrome places and the price was astronomical with NO guarantee they they would survive. That's just what I need, to loose the ones I have all together.
Here is one like I need on EBay.  You can see what condition the chrome is in ... mine are not quite that bad but need restore.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/322269676327?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true
The housing as it is called was originally not available from Chrysler with out the lens (as an assembly as they called it). 3 sets available back then, 2 with argent (no chrome) and then the lenses with the silver trim which they called the dress-up package.  SE got the chrome and dress-up. Here are the part numbers.