News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'69 Charger Door Seals-Edit...Screw Sizes?

Started by twenty mike mike, October 18, 2016, 12:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twenty mike mike

I need new door seals for my '69 Charger. I found a couple of negative comments from 2010 in the archives regarding the Metro brand, saying that they were too thick and made it too hard to close the doors.

Anyone know if Metro is any better now, or are any other brands such as Softseal and OER any better or worse? Thanks.

cdr

I put Metro on my car about 2 years ago, they work great, doors close VERY easy, no binding.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

twenty mike mike

Charger-Bodie

Metro make two different styles. You want the Metro super soft.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

cdr

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on October 20, 2016, 10:58:49 PM

Thanks Brian, I had forgotten that . :)
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

twenty mike mike

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on October 20, 2016, 10:58:49 PM

I was going to order yesterday, but this is more proof that procrastination is the best policy.

Thanks for the info.  :cheers:

twenty mike mike

I got the Metro Super Softs, and fine pieces they are. However, I was not the one who removed the original seals, so I don't know which screw style or size is used on the front of the seal where it's attached to the vent frame and the door.   :shruggy:

Anyone have that info handy?

69bfan

I believe that it should be a #8 x 18 x 1/2" with a 0.31 head in a black zinc finish.
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com