News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Electric problem

Started by haroldmcabee, October 31, 2016, 03:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haroldmcabee

Ok so i had to replace oil pressure sensore and had to get alternator out of way.   Engine light has went off but electrical light on and car stays on 1500 rpm .  Checked alternator and im getting 14+v.  Battery is good...i had negative pulled through whole precedure....could i have thrown a fuse or something...please help

BLK 68 R/T

haroldmcabee

Dodge rt 5.7

After i installed new oil pressure sensor...car run great that night.    Now after i crank it up electric red light on and car is at 1500rpm    After a couple minutes running it starts to sputter and wants to die...does this sound like pcm?

c00nhunterjoe

Have to use the oe mopar sensor. The standard aftermarkets interrupt the 5 volt vref to the pcm.

haroldmcabee

Ok just went and got oem...going to try it here shortly...   Thanks, hope this works.

haroldmcabee

Boom it worked...thank you so much coonhunterrjoe!   Makes me almost scared of any aftermarket product when it comes to cars.