News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

high horsepower 318

Started by mopar_head, April 18, 2006, 07:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bones68charger

Quote from: mopar_head on March 22, 2007, 10:22:17 AM
Quote from: flchargerfan on March 17, 2007, 02:39:57 PM
Quote from: mopar_head on March 15, 2007, 12:40:20 AM
are the 302 heads alumninum??? do i need a new valve train for that year of head like the magnums???
No, you don't need a new valve train with them, which is why I mentioned them. They have a smaller combustion chamber that will increase CR, plus they should flow better than what you have now.
If you've got a little more money for the new valvetrain, the Magnums are better than the 302s. But you'll either need to re-drill the heads to match your current intake or drill the intake to match the heads, plus the other valvetrain stuff. The 302s don't require any of that AFAIK.

The article should tell you what you need to know about the 302s. Good Luck! :laugh:

ok good thats good to know,,, still havent found any.... wat years did those heads come off anyway??

85-91 318s

mopar_head

ok sweet....just need a couple bucks and i'll see if i can find them at a junk yard
mopar muscle!!!

Bones68charger

Good luck! I just went searching for them last week and I could not find any. I went to every salvage yard in Rapid City South Dakota which is the largest city in my area and no one would help me. :(

mopar_head

thank you and good luck to you to............sucks that u couldnt find any
mopar muscle!!!

Bones68charger

Well I just purchased a set of 302 heads from a company in Texas. They are fully manufactured for about $150 a head. I could not find any up here, and they have a year warranty, so I thought it was worth it.  So just need to put them on!

mopar_head

sweet , i went to a couple junk yards but no luck... yet.... good thing we have alot, but they are in oppisite areas so it can be bothersome going from one to another.....  :icon_smile_blackeye:
mopar muscle!!!