News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What a/c parts are missing

Started by AFD 792, November 02, 2016, 09:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFD 792

Working on a 68 a/c car. I have the heater box done and I have the hose that connects the two side vents. I believe I'm missing the piece that connects to the heater box, the one to the center vent and the one that goes over the steering column. Any other parts I need to complete this thing? I'm guessing EBay is the best place to start?

gtx6970

post a pic of what you have, and Ill be able to tell you what your missing

AFD 792

Let's see if I know how to do that.......

gtx6970

That all you've got ?
if so your missing a bunch

I'll try to get some pics this week sometime

will

I have some of the parts you're missing. I think I have the steering wheel piece and the part that goes where the flappers are for the floor. Give me a few days.

gtx6970

There are 2 pieces that come off the center of the box. to go to the outlet in the center of the dash ( this is just one of them )  the other has an opening in the center as well as 2 round holes on each side. The right ( pass ) side connects to one of the flexible hoses you have. ( the long one ) it then connects to the outlet on the far pass side of the dash next to the glovebox opening

There is  molded tube that connects to said center duct that goes over the steering column then connects to the flexible hose you have, said hose then connects to the outlet on the drivers side of the dash to the left of and down from the instrument cluster ( bottom one in your pic )

the 2 hoses in the top of your picture are the upper dash defrostor hoses 

gtx6970

the above duct attaches to this one, Its attached to the box itself

gtx6970

And probably the hardest one to find is the large one that goes on the pass side of the box then attaches to the bottom of the cowl
Good luck finding one thats not torn or brittle

AFD 792

Thank you for the pictures. I have a really nice passenger duct, but the search is on for the the rest.

Mytur Binsdirti

You're also missing a plastic duct tube that connects from the left side of that outlet that runs through the steering column support.

VegasCharger

I have these 3 parts from above(see pics). Removed from a 1968 B Body with A/C.

:cheers:

AFD 792

I might be able to help you relocate those dusty old beat up trip hazard parts, if you're interested.  ;)