News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 Charger with white interior

Started by gtx6970, November 06, 2016, 10:29:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtx6970

Does one with a white interior  / headliner are the coat hooks white? Or black ? I'm finding them both ways .

Also, I need an exact measurement as to where the snap goes  for the shoulder belt elastic band goes. Headliner is already in and trim shop didn't install the snaps.
The coat hooks are in and I've located the hole for the shoulder belt bolt with  no problem but am a little cautious on the  location for the snaps

TIA

Troy

I can probably help with both. I'll be at the garage all day.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Troy

And maybe I can't... I haven't found a picture of any of my white interior cars that shows the coat hooks. The only coat hooks I found in the garage are black. I have a couple more places to look though.

I forgot to measure the elastic location. I'll be back over again tonight so I'll try to set up a reminder in my calendar.

Troy

bakerhillpins

Man, I am ALWAYS on the hunt for a Charger with white interior ( Troy? I'm here... just call.  :2thumbs: ) and have lots of pics but only one that shows the original headliner. Funny how we never "look up".

I don't see the coat hooks in it but it does show the belt button snap.. No exact measurements though sorry.

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Troy

This is the best I got. No measurement but it's kind of self-explanatory.

I still haven't found any white coat hangars. I haven't found any black ones in the pile for my white interior cars either.

Troy

bakerhillpins

Oh, I just thought of a source... A guy in town (We've chatted before while filling up our Chargers at the local gas-n-grab) has what I understand to be an all original 68 rt GG1 with White/Green interior, white top, buddy seat, column auto.  Let me see if his contact info is still good and I might be able to get over and grab some pics.

I'll do my best to keep you informed of my situation so if there are other details I can try to grab them too.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

68pplcharger

Alaskan_TA

I spotted these in a salvage yard a while ago, so I bought them just to have them since I had never seen any before.

From a 1968 Coronet 500 & a 1970 Satellite Sport.

gtx6970

Thanks Troy,
I can make that work. But if this is in fact 1968 and the snaps screw into a bracket like that . I have a feeling I'm screwed as I don't remember those brackets on the roof ever at all.

Headed  to the garage  now to find out.

It now has black coat hooks in it,,,and till I and/or the owner  find  white ones, they will stay black

Troy

Bill, that's my R/T. I don't remember seeing them in my bronze/white car so I really hope they're in a box somewhere. I can get you actual measurements if necessary. Or you can come look.

Troy

68pplcharger

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on November 11, 2016, 08:27:08 AM
I spotted these in a salvage yard a while ago, so I bought them just to have them since I had never seen any before.

From a 1968 Coronet 500 & a 1970 Satellite Sport.

Those are correct for a 68 as well. They're usually not in prefect shape so you have to die them anyway.

gtx6970

Quote from: Troy on November 11, 2016, 11:55:25 AM
Bill, that's my R/T. I don't remember seeing them in my bronze/white car so I really hope they're in a box somewhere. I can get you actual measurements if necessary. Or you can come look.

Troy

Thanks Troy,
I felt around in that area and dont think those brackets are on this car. and its to late to add them now,,, The headliner is in .
I just kept feeling around , found the round holes , then with a needle found the smaller holes below and used them. Snaps are in .

Seat belts are black, coat hooks are black . its as done as I'm gonna worry about it. Owner is ok with it as is , so it all stays.

BTW, this is the car I got your hood for . Its now all in EE1 blue. and looks incredible btw

Charger-Bodie

Bill if its a late enuf 68 it may not have the snap brackets. at some point they chanced the structure to have the provision included. ive even seen one that had it on one side and not the other. you may need to pull the headliner slightly and find the holes.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

gtx6970

Brian,
There is no tag or build sheet for this car so I don't know the exact build date ( owner still has the dash so I cant even approximate off the vin at this point )

Shoulder belts are done. I poked around with a needle in that area and found the small holes that the brackets mounted to and just used the lower of the 2. Owner saw it Saturday and is happy with it,,so it stays as is

cdr

I thought 68 only had one hanger & it was on the driver side, that is how my car was, like the picture that bakerhillpins  posted
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

68pplcharger

Quote from: cdr on November 15, 2016, 11:09:21 PM
I thought 68 only had one hanger & it was on the driver side, that is how my car was, like the picture that bakerhillpins  posted
The car I've been pulling parts out of, from Walton's farm, had the hanger on both sides. That car has been rotting there since the early eighties. I don't think anyone would have installed an extra on that old hot rod. It was the original green like the other side.

rodneyramjet

I haven't been a member long...just saw this post,  You may not need the info anymore but just in case here are a couple pics from my 68.  I can actually measure if you need ...just let me know.  The hanger is only on the drivers side in my car.  As far as I know all this stuff is unmolested.

Smoke em if ya got em