News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is a "sticky topic" and how does it work?

Started by green69rt, November 07, 2016, 12:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

green69rt

I couldn't find anything about "stickies" under help.

Lennard

A thread containing important information that is set to remain at the top of the other threads regardless of when it was last updated.
The site administrator or moderators can make a topic a sticky.

Troy

That's pretty much it. It's a thread that "sticks" to the top of the list.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

XH29N0G

It works well, thank you

Not a sticky topic at all.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

lukedukem

Who decides on the sticky. Do all the mods talk about it. Can we suggest one. I don't have one. Just curious
Last thing we need is abunch of stickies all over.

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

green69rt

So if it is under body, paint and trim and I look in the index it's at the top.  Sounds ok.  I think I will check it out.

Edit, now I see.

Troy

Quote from: lukedukem on November 07, 2016, 09:39:40 PM
Who decides on the sticky. Do all the mods talk about it. Can we suggest one. I don't have one. Just curious

Luke
If you look in the Classifieds, for example, you'll see instructions that are sticky. No one seems to read them but they are there for a reason. In the tech sections we try to sticky commonly asked questions or a "how to" thread that is particularly detailed and well written. Obviously there are a LOT of good restoration threads and we can't sticky all of them or you'd have to jump several pages to find any new posts.

Troy

green69rt

Just a final question, can a tread lose its sticky?   Some threads might become obsolete or so old that they lose relevance.  Not suggestion any, just wondering.

Also, all the treads that I looked at have few or no stickies so it was easy to scan them.  I can see if you get much more that one page of stickies they'd be less useful.

Troy

Quote from: green69rt on November 08, 2016, 11:38:43 AM
Just a final question, can a tread lose its sticky?   Some threads might become obsolete or so old that they lose relevance.  Not suggestion any, just wondering.

Also, all the treads that I looked at have few or no stickies so it was easy to scan them.  I can see if you get much more that one page of stickies they'd be less useful.
Yes. Sometimes we'll sticky things like meeting times for a show - which serves no purpose after the show is over.

Troy

lukedukem

Quote from: Troy on November 08, 2016, 10:28:52 AM
Quote from: lukedukem on November 07, 2016, 09:39:40 PM

Luke
If you look in the Classifieds, for example, you'll see instructions that are sticky. No one seems to read them but they are there for a reason. In the tech sections we try to sticky commonly asked questions or a "how to" thread that is particularly detailed and well written. Obviously there are a LOT of good restoration threads and we can't sticky all of them or you'd have to jump several pages to find any new posts.

Troy

Your right about that. I'll never understand, your trying to sell something and don't post your location or pics.

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC