News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Antenna mast question

Started by panhead, November 17, 2016, 09:42:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

panhead

Good morning,
I'm working on my Daytona clone and I'm running a factory am/fm radio. Is there a difference in the antenna mast?
I've seen the telescopic on the am radios cars, but reading up on this topic I've seen something about a one peace mast for the fm radios cars. Is this a true statement. I have one of each of the masts. Looking to use the correct one. Thanks for your insight and gudiness.

Curt
69' Dodge Charger 500
69' Dodge Daytona "Replica"

gtx6970

the solid antenna mast didnt come out till sometime early / mid 70s

Alaskan_TA

Easy way to remember in a rhyme;

Solid mast was new

For 1972

panhead

Thank you for the information :2thumbs:, was racking my brain on this one. I did manage to down load the 69' parts book last night (all 1144 pages) and seen that a 60", 72" and a power antenna was listed no solid's ones.

Curt
69' Dodge Charger 500

panhead

Quote from: panhead on November 23, 2016, 07:57:50 AM
Thank you for the information :2thumbs:, was racking my brain on this one. I did manage to down load the 69' parts book last night (all 1144 pages) and seen that a 60", 76 1/2" and a power antenna was listed no solid's ones.

Curt
69' Dodge Charger 500

Dino

I didn't think that solid mast on my '69 was stock. I still need to find a power antenna that looks stock-ish. Another thing to add to the list!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

70 sublime

Quote from: Dino on November 24, 2016, 11:35:08 AM
I didn't think that solid mast on my '69 was stock. I still need to find a power antenna that looks stock-ish. Another thing to add to the list!

I have saved this one in my list of someday parts

Think it would make using a car cover a lot easier

https://www.retromanufacturing.com/products/1968-70-dodge-coronet-fully-automatic-power-antenna?variant=31333475662
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Dino

I like that one but that's a lot of money for an antenna!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.