News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

CARLISLE CHRYSLER NATIONALS 2017

Started by dual fours, November 17, 2016, 11:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dual fours

Carlisle Chrysler Nationals July 14-16,2017
Operators are on duty to take your calls or Register on line.
https://store.carlisleevents.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=26
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

chargerperson

What day and time is the judging?  Believe it is Saturday some time in the afternoon
Thinking of going but cannot make 3 or 4 days

ODZKing

Participant judging is Saturday afternoon and sheets generally have to be in by 2 or 3 pm, I forget the exact time.
I will be there with my 73 this year.  Look forward to seeing you.

chargerperson

Thanks for the information.  Hope to see you there as well.

armor64

Sorry to resurrect: so the events page for the Carlisle venue shows that the Hurst nationals are the same weekend. Is this a typo or are both events going to fight for supremacy? I'm planning to go again this year, but have to book time off well in advanced.

edit: nvm, they now say you get access to mopar from hurst event. All good ;)

dual fours

The Showfield sticker for your window have been mailed out on 6-21-2017 and I received mine. :2thumbs:
Less then 20 days to the greatest Mopar event on the east coast. Well in Pennsylvania anyway.  :drool5:
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

flyinlow

I am going Friday and Saturday with the '73.  Was going to go last year, got about 50 miles when the F.I. sprung a leak. Probably going Thursday afternoon from central Ohio if anyone wants to caravan.

ODZKing

Yep, just got my showfield package as well. Wow summer is half over already?  :brickwall:

69bfan

Stop by and check out our large selection of weatherstripping including Top Cat window felts, Precision, Steele, Metro and Soft Seal various applications, washer bottles, battery cables, package trays, etc.  Our tent will be located in rows H and I in spots 136 through 143, just below building T.  Preorders for colored headliners, package trays and other colored interior pieces are suggested so as we can insure that they will be loaded as space will be limited.  Everyone have a safe trip and stop in and say hello.
Thanks,
Richard O'Shields
Restoration Parts and Materials
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

dual fours

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

bakerhillpins

This has been passed along to another member!

My father isn't going to make it this year. Few days before he cancels his hotel reservations. If someone is interested PM me and we may be able to transfer (NOTE the MAY! Have not called and asked about it.)

Days Inn Carlisle North
1825 Harrisburg Pike
Carlisle Pennsylvania US 17015

Reservation:
2 Queen Bed Non-Smoknig Room

Stay:
1 Room(s); 3 Night(s)

Check-In:
7/13/2017 3:00:00 PM

Check-Out:
7/16/2017 11:00:00 AM
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

AKcharger

Hi guys, I might be a last minute attendee, any word on available hotels?

bakerhillpins

Quote from: AKcharger on July 09, 2017, 06:18:33 AM
Hi guys, I might be a last minute attendee, any word on available hotels?

It's usually pretty booked up. In past years when I was lazy and didn't get on this earlier I just kept calling around and using online booking stuff and eventually found something (reasonably) close.  Depending on how last minute you can be sometimes you can pick up a reservation the day of from folks that have to cancel. An old friend always traveled that way. I though she was nuts but she said she always found a room.  :Twocents:
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein

c00nhunterjoe

4cruzin

Gonna be a great show this year!  Hope the rain holds off!   :2thumbs:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Alaskan_TA

For those of you going that know Jackie O'Brien, please read the thread at http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,128737.0.html & stop in to autograph her get well card?

(details on page 3 of the thread)

FJ5WING

The Superbird still isnt finished but I'll have the 'ol girl R/T again.
Stop and say hello!

wingless now, but still around.

Just 6T9 CHGR

My second favorite car....next to mine of course!  :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

NHCharger

just arrived at hotel. staying till sunday morning.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

will

I was able to get a room off of priceline. Multiple changes, but i'm gonna be there Friday and Saturday.

Tilar

I know it's going to be a great show... I've missed the last 3 years and really wanted to go this year, but the guy that was going to split the room with me decided he couldn't make it this year... so maybe next year I can swing it.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

flyinlow

Just got home ,about a five hour drive. Forgot what a summer road trip in a black in car with out Ac was like. Car ran great, the Wife and I overheated.

First time to Carlisle. Wow, great show! Bumped in to a couple DodgeCharger.com guys.  Good time.

alfaitalia

Where are all the Carlisle photos??.....must be 1000s out there! I know its a pain to post on here now but come on boys.....for some of us getting over there to the US for that show is just a dream. So pop a few pics on for those that live in a country with no MOPAR shows really worth going to!!!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

4cruzin

I made it a point to get to the tent and sign the VERY NICE card for Jackie!   Whom ever supplied that did a great job!  Very cool!

:2thumbs:  :cheers:

Alaskan_TA

Jackie is a very dear Mopar sister to me. The card was a pleasure to do.

Thank you.

Old Moparz

Quote from: flyinlow on July 16, 2017, 07:05:48 PM
Just got home ,about a five hour drive. Forgot what a summer road trip in a black in car with out Ac was like. Car ran great, the Wife and I overheated.

First time to Carlisle. Wow, great show! Bumped in to a couple DodgeCharger.com guys.  Good time.

When I bumped into you at the Mega Parts tent, I thought it was odd to find out that someone who isn't 17 is there for the very first time.   :smilielol:

Glad you got to see what one of the better shows are like, nice meeting you.   :cheers:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

ODZKing

OK, here are some pictures for everyone.  First let me start by saying that IMHO, Pennsylvania has officially passed Michigan as having the worst roads in America. At least Michigan doesn't pretend they are fixing them. THEY ARE AWFUL!
My trip started out by hitting a pothole and lost a cord on my right front tire. We got to our hotel and not far away was a Meineke shop. I have to say they were fantastic.  Got us right in and the fellow found the problem immediately. That tire had what looked like a goiter on it, it was so big. BFG TA's, great tire as far as I'm concerned. That could have blown at any time, instead we made it from when I first noticed it near Clark's Summit to Mechanicsburg and to the shop.
Not expecting to find a tire, they made a call and long story short we had a new tire and were on our way to dinner in an hour. 14s are hard to find these days, I didn't think I would find one and we'd have to come home with the spare.
Did we pay more than what I can order one online for, sure. About $50 more, but it was worth it not to have that ruin our weekend.
So, that will explain the first picture in the set.
Anyway, great time and great show, it was great to see some of you, looking forward to next year already!
Enjoy ...
http://www.retrorarities.com/Carlisle2017/index.html

flyinlow

Quote from: Old Moparz on July 17, 2017, 07:37:35 PM
Quote from: flyinlow on July 16, 2017, 07:05:48 PM

When I bumped into you at the Mega Parts tent, I thought it was odd to find out that someone who isn't 17 is there for the very first time.   :smilielol:

Glad you got to see what one of the better shows are like, nice meeting you.   :cheers:

A long way past 17.  :smilielol:  Got back into Mopars about 10 years ago when my youngest son wanted to build a Mopar. I had built a few BB's years ago, the 440 in the '73 was his first. He has a '70 RT off his own now (his dream car).
Heard Carlisle was a great show and started thinking about making the trip. The Nats are 20 miles away, so I make that every year. We where coming last year and the new fuel injection sprung a leak 50 miles from home in a thunderstorm. Towed it home and fixed it and was going to head out the next morning when work called with three days overtime I could not turn down.
Glad we made it this year!

flyinlow

ODZKing ,thanks for the pics.

The Black '73 next to yours in the lower left picture is mine. I was at the La Quinta Saturday night , out front in the parking lot watching the 1970 Charger Registry parade.

Sorry I did not get to meet you.

ODZKing

Quote from: flyinlow on July 18, 2017, 07:46:10 AM
ODZKing ,thanks for the pics.

The Black '73 next to yours in the lower left picture is mine. I was at the La Quinta Saturday night , out front in the parking lot watching the 1970 Charger Registry parade.

Sorry I did not get to meet you.
Ah, sorry we missed each other too. I tried to get a couple shots of your interior but thru the widow they didn't come out.
I missed it on the field too, I assume you were in modified?

flyinlow

AmadeusCharger500

Ha- First time I have ever seen my car in some one's show pics, and Twice. 71 purple next to the sign.

Thanks OdzKing for those photos.

ODZKing

Quote from: AmadeusCharger500 on July 19, 2017, 01:02:03 PM
Ha- First time I have ever seen my car in some one's show pics, and Twice. 71 purple next to the sign.

Thanks OdzKing for those photos.
We really need to organize more of a meeting or dinner next year so everyone can meet everyone.  :cheers:

smithenhiven

Anyone know the story of the Cuda with all those holes?  Looks like it was a former .50 cal target.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: smithenhiven on July 19, 2017, 08:37:27 PM
Anyone know the story of the Cuda with all those holes?  Looks like it was a former .50 cal target.

Movie car.  Letty's Cuda from Fast 7 I believe. ???  Though I'm having a hard time finding images of where that particular car made the film.  :slap:
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

71charger_fan

A few close ups

Dodge Don

Great show. Good B Body turnout. A lot of 70 Chargers made it again this year.

bakerhillpins

:2thumbs:   So glad you posted that pic. I was talking with Bill W when I heard you talking about taking that.  Great shot.

Quote from: Dodge Don on July 20, 2017, 07:50:01 AM

96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

71charger_fan

Some more

71charger_fan

More

BDF

alfaitalia

Very nice...I will get there one day...when my cars stop taking all my spare cash I guess!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

4cruzin

Some great pictures and stories!  Very cool!  Already looking forward to next year but until then . . . looks like the Woodward Cruise is the next big deal . . . for me anyways!

:2thumbs: