News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

CARLISLE CHRYSLER NATIONALS 2017

Started by dual fours, November 17, 2016, 11:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

Quote from: flyinlow on July 16, 2017, 07:05:48 PM
Just got home ,about a five hour drive. Forgot what a summer road trip in a black in car with out Ac was like. Car ran great, the Wife and I overheated.

First time to Carlisle. Wow, great show! Bumped in to a couple DodgeCharger.com guys.  Good time.

When I bumped into you at the Mega Parts tent, I thought it was odd to find out that someone who isn't 17 is there for the very first time.   :smilielol:

Glad you got to see what one of the better shows are like, nice meeting you.   :cheers:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

ODZKing

OK, here are some pictures for everyone.  First let me start by saying that IMHO, Pennsylvania has officially passed Michigan as having the worst roads in America. At least Michigan doesn't pretend they are fixing them. THEY ARE AWFUL!
My trip started out by hitting a pothole and lost a cord on my right front tire. We got to our hotel and not far away was a Meineke shop. I have to say they were fantastic.  Got us right in and the fellow found the problem immediately. That tire had what looked like a goiter on it, it was so big. BFG TA's, great tire as far as I'm concerned. That could have blown at any time, instead we made it from when I first noticed it near Clark's Summit to Mechanicsburg and to the shop.
Not expecting to find a tire, they made a call and long story short we had a new tire and were on our way to dinner in an hour. 14s are hard to find these days, I didn't think I would find one and we'd have to come home with the spare.
Did we pay more than what I can order one online for, sure. About $50 more, but it was worth it not to have that ruin our weekend.
So, that will explain the first picture in the set.
Anyway, great time and great show, it was great to see some of you, looking forward to next year already!
Enjoy ...
http://www.retrorarities.com/Carlisle2017/index.html

flyinlow

Quote from: Old Moparz on July 17, 2017, 07:37:35 PM
Quote from: flyinlow on July 16, 2017, 07:05:48 PM
Just got home ,about a five hour drive. Forgot what a summer road trip in a black in car with out Ac was like. Car ran great, the Wife and I overheated.

First time to Carlisle. Wow, great show! Bumped in to a couple DodgeCharger.com guys.  Good time.

When I bumped into you at the Mega Parts tent, I thought it was odd to find out that someone who isn't 17 is there for the very first time.   :smilielol:

Glad you got to see what one of the better shows are like, nice meeting you.   :cheers:

A long way past 17.  :smilielol:  Got back into Mopars about 10 years ago when my youngest son wanted to build a Mopar. I had built a few BB's years ago, the 440 in the '73 was his first. He has a '70 RT off his own now (his dream car).
Heard Carlisle was a great show and started thinking about making the trip. The Nats are 20 miles away, so I make that every year. We where coming last year and the new fuel injection sprung a leak 50 miles from home in a thunderstorm. Towed it home and fixed it and was going to head out the next morning when work called with three days overtime I could not turn down.
Glad we made it this year!

flyinlow

ODZKing ,thanks for the pics.

The Black '73 next to yours in the lower left picture is mine. I was at the La Quinta Saturday night , out front in the parking lot watching the 1970 Charger Registry parade.

Sorry I did not get to meet you.

ODZKing

Quote from: flyinlow on July 18, 2017, 07:46:10 AM
ODZKing ,thanks for the pics.

The Black '73 next to yours in the lower left picture is mine. I was at the La Quinta Saturday night , out front in the parking lot watching the 1970 Charger Registry parade.

Sorry I did not get to meet you.
Ah, sorry we missed each other too. I tried to get a couple shots of your interior but thru the widow they didn't come out.
I missed it on the field too, I assume you were in modified?

flyinlow

AmadeusCharger500

Ha- First time I have ever seen my car in some one's show pics, and Twice. 71 purple next to the sign.

Thanks OdzKing for those photos.

ODZKing

Quote from: AmadeusCharger500 on July 19, 2017, 01:02:03 PM
Ha- First time I have ever seen my car in some one's show pics, and Twice. 71 purple next to the sign.

Thanks OdzKing for those photos.
We really need to organize more of a meeting or dinner next year so everyone can meet everyone.  :cheers:

smithenhiven

Anyone know the story of the Cuda with all those holes?  Looks like it was a former .50 cal target.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: smithenhiven on July 19, 2017, 08:37:27 PM
Anyone know the story of the Cuda with all those holes?  Looks like it was a former .50 cal target.

Movie car.  Letty's Cuda from Fast 7 I believe. ???  Though I'm having a hard time finding images of where that particular car made the film.  :slap:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

71charger_fan

A few close ups

Dodge Don

Great show. Good B Body turnout. A lot of 70 Chargers made it again this year.

bakerhillpins

:2thumbs:   So glad you posted that pic. I was talking with Bill W when I heard you talking about taking that.  Great shot.

Quote from: Dodge Don on July 20, 2017, 07:50:01 AM

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

71charger_fan

Some more

71charger_fan

More

BDF

alfaitalia

Very nice...I will get there one day...when my cars stop taking all my spare cash I guess!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

4cruzin

Some great pictures and stories!  Very cool!  Already looking forward to next year but until then . . . looks like the Woodward Cruise is the next big deal . . . for me anyways!

:2thumbs:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .