News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Getting to Broadcast sheet in seat

Started by XH29N0G, November 25, 2016, 06:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XH29N0G

I decided to poke around with my little camera and found a broadcast sheet is in the backrest of my front seat.  The numbers on the picture do not match the sequence number on my VIN so I am puzzled as to whether it is for my car or another.  I make out an X, but I do not see an N (wonder if it might be a G???  (I already found one broadcast sheet in the back seat, but that was back in 1983 and that sheet has long since disappeared.). 

My question is:  How difficult is it to remove and replace the rings that hold the back tight on a bench seat?  I am curious about the sheet, but do not want to pull apart something that I will have difficulty returning to the way it is.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Alaskan_TA

Hog rings are easy to replace if you have the hog rings & pliers for them.

The large hole at bottom center shows an odd outline, possibly carbon paper? If so, you are seeing two sheets with a matching carbon paper between them.

You can see an example at http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/previousItemOfTheMonth-2006.shtml for the month of August 2006.

XH29N0G

Thanks. 

I'll look into getting the pliers and hog rings.

That is interesting about the possibility of there being a carbon copy. 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....