News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fuel sender worked out of car but not in!!

Started by shovelcharger, November 26, 2016, 05:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shovelcharger

I put a new sender in years ago w an autometer fuel gauge.(the correct mopar one). I bought a new one and tested it out of the car and the gauge worked accordingly. I installed it in the tank and even clipped on 2 grounds and it's not working. When I turn the key on, the gauge sets to E but goes no further. There is half a tank of gas in the car. What am I missing????

poppa

Do a search on this. Many have problems with this....including me. You should find a lot of threads. Good luck
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

BLK 68 R/T

When you tested it out of the car did you do an ohms test on it at the each end of the float travel and in the middle to see what your readings were? Should have measured roughly 10-73 ohms between full and empty. Its possible the float arm is not bent correctly, or your float has a hole in it and sunk.

shovelcharger

I did not do the ohms test on it. The only thing that has me thinking is that this is the second new sender I have put in the car. Stupidly , I just figured the first one was a dud. I'll try the ohms test. Thx

John_Kunkel

Maybe the float got knocked off when the unit was installed.  :shruggy:
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

TommyGun

Mine did this too. Turned out the float had a pin hole in it.