News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 Charger Door Glass Channel

Started by fivejah, November 28, 2016, 01:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fivejah

I just installed the door window and used the glass channel from Classic Industries.  The window is now extremely difficult to roll up and down as it appears this channel is thicker than the original.  Will this situation improve with use or any other ideas?

Thanks!

Dino

Are you talking about the one that fits into the vent window frame? If so, no it won't get easier. I blew over $100 on this repro garbage and I still don't have the glass back in the doors. I still have one side, the other ripped while I tried to roll the window up. Not sure how I'm going to solve this one. Very frustrating.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

fivejah

Yes the window that fits into the vent window frame. The repro channel is absolute garbage!

Dino

It sure is. I still have one side although all the felt is gone, it's just plastic. But it's better than nothing. Not sure what to do with the other side though.

qwick68

You have to mount the weather strip "channel" to the window out of the car, then you have to slid the window into the metal channel of the vent window which also must be out of the car, then install both units together as one nd adjust.....this is the only way I've ound it to work properly.  If not you'll destroy your new channel weather strip.....it's not that bad of a job
68 Charger LL-1 Turquoise

Dino

That's how i did it and it doesn't work. The original channel is curved to follow the glass. The repros are straight as an arrow. I don't care how you do it, it just won't fit. There are supposedly curved channels but I haven't seen them.

fivejah

Oldtimer, that's exactly how I did it also.  The replacement channel I purchased from Classic Industries is much thicker than the original clear plastic channel.  The window is extremely difficult to roll up and down with this channel in place.  I am at a loss with what to do at this point and I can't locate another source for the channel.  AAAAGH!

Dino

The one I have is straight, no curve in it like the one you pictured. That would at least fit the glass so I wonder how thick it is.

fivejah

I wonder if this part is different than the ones supplied by Classic.  It does look curved so it may be different and hopefully thinner.

Dino

I'd order one to try but I don't have the time to do anything to my car.

fivejah

I bought this genuine Mopar part and its 100% better than the crap from Classic Industries.  Works great.

Dino

Good to know! Thanks for being the guinea pig!  :2thumbs:  :icon_smile_big:

Lennard

Quote from: fivejah on December 16, 2016, 12:12:48 PM
I bought this genuine Mopar part and its 100% better than the crap from Classic Industries.  Works great.
Where did you buy it?

Charger-Bodie

the plastic sliders are usually the problem , reuse old ones or sand the new ons dow to fit.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............