News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Automotive Christmas Presents

Started by cooldude, December 01, 2016, 11:49:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooldude

Anybody out there ever got a car for Christmas? Or how about some really nice auto related stuff for Christmas?

Or...maybe even a Christmas Hemi?

Thats never happened to me.But I was wondering if anyone ot there ever got some jaw dropping Christmas gifts that were auto related?

BTW, Merry Christmas everyone!   :cheers:

birdsandbees

Not unless I bought it myself and slipped it under the tree..  :lol:

.. oh, wife bought me custom high back seats for my 1978 Ramcharger the second Christmas after we'd been married... so 32 Christmas's ago.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Dino

I haven't celebrated Christmas in decades so I just gift myself the goodies whenever I want.   :yesnod:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

cooldude

Seems to me that my wife may have bought me my impact wrench set one year, now that I think back on it.

Perhaps the wives feel just a little bit overwhelmed in selecting automotive presents for thier men?

Me thinks they just need some helpful suggestions to sort of guide them?

Perhaps leaving a year one catalog laying around ( in every room) with a certain item circled?   Or letting her just "accidentally" overhear a conversation about a particular wished for item?

Seems like I walked around in the tool section a few times one year, and just absentmindedly commented on how much I would like to have a new impact wrench set.  :drool5:

birdsandbees

Bought myself 4 "peddle pump" wheel dollies today, does that count??  :lol:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

johnnycharger

Our first Christmas together I bought my wife a Ruger 10/22 and she bought me a 21gal air compressor with goodies (impact, air ratchet, die grinder, etc). She's definitely a keeper.

67440chrg

When the inlaws ask about something for me my wife tells them to get summit or jegs gift cards.

Neal_J

Bought my wife a T-bird for our 25th anniversary, mint green.  With a big red bow on the hood.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

cooldude

I just got some pretty cool glass tumblers with Dodge Challengers on them.

Nice!  :laugh:

keepat

Surprise my wife this year for Christmas with a new 124 spider.  Italian car made in Japan with Mopar parts, and somehow it turned out really cool ;-)
Merry Christmas
Pat

GOTWING

Quote from: keepat on December 25, 2016, 08:49:22 AM
Surprise my wife this year for Christmas with a new 124 spider.  Italian car made in Japan with Mopar parts, and somehow it turned out really cool ;-)
Merry Christmas
Pat

She is lucky to have you ! Nice gift !

keepat

More like I'm lucky to have her ;-)

cooldude

I got some cool glass tumblers for Christmas from my brother in law. They had old Challengers on them. I was proud of them.

I washed them today, and all the artwork came off and disappeared, and they are now just plain glass. I didnt see any decals or stickers in the sink, so I dont know what went with the art work.  :flame:

Bermuda triangle, I guess?

The box had official Dodge logo on it. I dont know what happened?

Any of you guys buy any of the Mopar themed glasses that have the disappearing art work?

I wonder if they are even safe to drink out of?

Mytur Binsdirti

For a Fiat, it doesn't look bad.     :2thumbs:

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 27, 2016, 12:00:21 PM
For a Fiat, it doesn't look bad.     :2thumbs:
:iagree: That's their only model that doesn't look like a clown car.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

alfaitalia

Quote from: Charger_Fan on December 27, 2016, 12:31:11 PM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 27, 2016, 12:00:21 PM
For a Fiat, it doesn't look bad.     :2thumbs:
:iagree: That's their only model that doesn't look like a clown car.

That's because its a Fiat in name only.....
The 124 Spider is based on the MAZDA MX5 (or Maita or Roadster depending where you are from). Mazda ships a virtually-complete MX-5 to Fiat's facility in Italy, where the engineers tinker with it. It gets a different engine and tweaked suspension, as well as strikingly different body panels. The result is a car that is mechanically similar but very, very different in attitude.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Laowho

Got the obligatory fuzzy dice set, and in blue to match interior  :2thumbs:

69 OUR/TEA

Well , factory ordered a new 17 Ram Laramie Crew Cab on Nov 11th , the dealer called me on Monday Dec 19th to tell me it was in , sorta was a Xmas present .

bakerhillpins

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on January 02, 2017, 05:35:02 PM
Well , factory ordered a new 17 Ram Laramie Crew Cab on Nov 11th , the dealer called me on Monday Dec 19th to tell me it was in , sorta was a Xmas present .

Factory ordered my '14 and its been a wonderful truck.   :2thumbs:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.