News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vacuum headlight doors

Started by J-440, December 04, 2016, 01:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-440

Ok, let's try this again.  68 Charger with all new hoses, pods are sealed, canister is new, headlight switch (white thing that the 3 hose assembly connects to behind the dash) is new and the holes are cleared.  Once again, when the car is running, my dash switch won't budge.  I have to turn the lights on, then start the car and then the doors flip up.  I've tried switching hoses and nothing.  I'm getting plenty of vacuum at the intake.  The only thing I can think of is that I share the main hose that comes off the intake with my MAP sensor (they're T-ed).  I hoped that the dash switch was bad but like I said, when I checked it, it was good to go.  

68 R/T, 440/727 6-speed, SC G-machine...black suede

Bronzedodge

Just so I'm clear - you are saying the dash headlight switch is hard to move if the car is running?
Mopar forever!

J-440

Yes, it won't move at all.  I'm getting great vacuum at the small hose when I remove it from the canister. The book says that a small amount of air should be escaping from the switch while the engine is running.  Of course I can't hear anything being in the garage with headers.

J-440

Sweet I just fixed it.  I must be getting too much vacuum because I installed a T connector before the small hose leading to the canister.  Without covering the 3rd connector and leaving it open, a small amount of air was sucking into the canister.  The switch was easy to turn on and off and the headlight doors slowly open and close.  Dam this thing was driving me crazy!!  Thanks for all the ideas in the past guys.  I appreciate it!! :2thumbs: