News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

XX29LB400574 for sale

Started by held1823, May 08, 2018, 10:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

odcics2

:Twocents:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

held1823

When I said, why do you think it is rare, I mean they only built one because in 1969 nobody ordered any more!!   

:cheers:

ha! i just came back here to say exactly that.

i was a little slow on the draw
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Davtona

Back in the day (1979 say) we were thrilled to find any color Daytona and or original Hemi car. Condition / affordability trumped color back then. They were relativity everywhere compared to now. But they were still hard to get. Now 39 years later we knock a car because it's a one of one green.  :lol:  They all look better with an emblem on the door or a wing on the back anyway. I'm with Ernie on this one.  :Twocents:

Aero426

Quote from: Davtona on May 10, 2018, 09:10:50 PM
Back in the day (1979 say) we were thrilled to find any color Daytona and or original Hemi car. Condition / affordability trumped color back then. They were relativity everywhere compared to now. But they were still hard to get. Now 39 years later we knock a car because it's a one of one green.  :lol:  They all look better with an emblem on the door or a wing on the back anyway. I'm with Ernie on this one.  :Twocents:

I agree.    Modern clear coat makes those "undesirable" greens a lot more palatable today.     If that car was restored today in F3, people would certainly stop and gawk at it, just because of the color.   

odcics2

You mean, "over restored", by adding clear coat!  
I agree, it would perk the color up.

Look at the R/T photo posted on page 1.
Then, the finish on the car I posted on this page.  It looks dull in comparison.  
Imagine no black top.
YUK.   :Twocents:

So, what's the worse color for a Daytona??   :scratchchin: 
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

triple_green

here's my old 69 R/T SE- the F3 was really helped by the magnums and the white butt stripe
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

XS29LA47V21