News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2017 Aero Cars at Elkhart Lake Wisconsin Sept 14-17 - The Photos

Started by Aero426, December 06, 2016, 07:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Kanofsky

* * Christian Chapel Service, Sunday morning @ 7:30 * *

In the motel parking lot weather permitting, otherwise in the hotel lobby

I will conduct a short, interactive chapel service before we head out for the track.

I am a volunteer chaplain for TeamRFC (Racers For Christ), we are a non-denominational Christian ministry, and our mission is "Bringing Inspiration to the World of Motorsports".  To learn more, please feel free to ask me, or visit www.teamrfc.org
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

Aero426

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on September 12, 2017, 07:47:53 AM
* * Christian Chapel Service, Sunday morning @ 7:30 * *

In the motel parking lot weather permitting, otherwise in the hotel lobby

I will conduct a short, interactive chapel service before we head out for the track.

I am a volunteer chaplain for TeamRFC (Racers For Christ), we are a non-denominational Christian ministry, and our mission is "Bringing Inspiration to the World of Motorsports".  To learn more, please feel free to ask me, or visit www.teamrfc.org

Dave,  thank you.

hemiron1

Is Saturday afternoon the best time to see all the cars together? 

Aero426

Quote from: hemiron1 on September 13, 2017, 09:57:37 AM
Is Saturday afternoon the best time to see all the cars together? 

Yes.  If not at the track, come to downtown Elkhart Lake for the show on the lawn at the Osthoff, late afternoon.  It's free.

bee1971

Anybody make it today ? Car show

Of course between the other four obligations today , nice weather , work

Just mad at myself for running out of time

Man I wanted to go bad

MsMopar

Thank you for the wonderful reception from the Daytona superbird auto club on Saturday. This was the first meet I have attended with my 500 since getting it one road and I felt very welcomed.

Mopar John

I just wanted to let my AERO friends know that we missed not seeing you at the meet!
We qualified for the NHRA DIVISION 3 ET BRACKET FINALS with our 1970 GTX.
We did well down there winning the first race on Saturday afternoon making it into the Sunday program.
We ended up losing a close one where my opponent was quicker off the line but I was closer to my dial in.
MJ

Dave Kanofsky

Thanks to Doug, Sue, and everyone who helped make this event so fantastic.
More thanks to all those who provided assistance to the few cars and people that experienced challenges during the event.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

alfaitalia

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

70EK2Bird

70Sbird

I'm just getting my pictures from the meet cleared off of my phone so I thought I share a couple....Lets call the first one the "before" picture, and the other two "after".....After I met some shithead kid at a gas station in a $500 Saturn with no insurance..... :RantExplode:

Scott Faulkner

Aero426

70Sbird

Quote from: Aero426 on October 27, 2017, 02:25:48 PM
Scott, how has that worked out?

I had a trip for work leaving that Sunday we got back from the meet and I called State Farm (my Insurer) that same week. They have processed my info and told me to get the car fixed wherever I want to and I'll just have to pay my deductible. I'm still in the process of getting estimates and picking a shop that I trust to actually spend a few hours fixing the fender and not just beating it back close to shape and covering the rest in with filler. I'll post an update when work gets underway. One of my requirements for the body shop is that I see the fender before any skim coat or paint goes on.

Scott Faulkner

Dave Kanofsky

If anyone has pic's of our cars on the track, particularly on Saturday, can you please post them here?
I'd love to see them, thanks!

70Sbird

I have a few....and a couple of the Corvette's I passed on the hill going up the front straight. I'll resize and post when I get back in the office on Monday. BTW, there were a ton of professional looking photographers at some of the corners taking our pictures as we went around the track. Any idea how or where we could get access to some of these pics? I would pay for some decent pics of my car diving into the corners or hauling ass up toward the Corvette bridge!

Scott Faulkner

Simonic

Looking forward to seeing any more pics from this event..  :2thumbs: :popcrn:
Mopar owner in the UK..

70EK2Bird

Here are a couple of videos from the time on the track at Road America.  See if you can see yourself    :2thumbs:
Facing forward https://youtu.be/FvcRZ_kx6_w 

Facing to the back https://youtu.be/AXamqfU5Plk

Pat

Aero426

Some of the cars at EAA.  They really rolled out the red carpet for us and invited us to take pics with their F86 parked out back.   

Aero426

Some of the cars at EAA.  They really rolled out the red carpet for us and invited us to take pics with their F86 parked out back.  

Aero426

Mike Borkowski's all original survivor Bird.    Bought new in Sept 1970.   The last Superbird sold new in Milwaukee.

Aero426

Dave Kanofsky's beautiful R4 Daytona

Aero426

B-bodies were enthusiastically welcomed.   This is Barney Kanofsky's 67 Coronet.

Aero426

Greg Peck's Daytona.   Part of the west coast gang that drove from the Pacific NW and back again.